• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XFX 4870 anyone?

panfist

Gawd
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
638
SOOOO everyone was excited about XFX selling these cards...are there any reviews?
 
Too expensive to even bother looking at right now. I wouldn't mind paying a 10 dollar premium, but 275 dollars for a 1GB 4870 is too much.
 
It's $266 at Buy.com, and many of us that tried to get in on a $200 GTX280 deal have a $5 gift certificate or two.

At $275 it definitely would not be worth it.
 
Too expensive? I remember reading alot of people saying that xfx warranty is worth an extra 30-40 bucks, blah blah blah.
 
I can't say I saw that running around. For its price you can just get a cheaper GTX 260.
 
True, but it ends up being a which company you prefer, from the looks of the comparisons, its an even tie, meaning gtx 260 wins by a decent margin, then 4870, back and forth.
 
Too expensive? I remember reading alot of people saying that xfx warranty is worth an extra 30-40 bucks, blah blah blah.

Screw the extra warranty, unless the card is actually better in some quantifiable way I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Higher default clocks are nice, but most 4870 will get to 775 and beyond. I would pay extra for any of the following: increased efficiency, lower temps, lower noise.
 
Screw the extra warranty, unless the card is actually better in some quantifiable way I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Higher default clocks are nice, but most 4870 will get to 775 and beyond. I would pay extra for any of the following: increased efficiency, lower temps, lower noise.

Do you even have any idea what the warranty on XFX is like? :rolleyes::mad:
 
Back
Top