• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

xfx 290 BF4 code question, and different thermal paste to help temps?

Dan

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
8,090
about to pull the trigger on a xfx 290 and its bf4 code with registration... can i still sell it? i already have bf4.

Also has anyone tried to put better paste on the GPU? any luck?
 
Yeah, I just bought an XFX R9 290 and am hoping to give that code to my girlfriend. Got her an used Powercolor Devil 270X so she could play with me.
 
As far as the thermal paste, I've had a few xfx cards in the past and they put a void warranty sticker over the screws so you ca't change the paste without voiding warranty. Maybe this card will be different because it is a reference card, But check that first.
 
You can. I put my XFX cards on water and I asked about this a month or so back. XFX allows you to change cooling solution as long as you don't break anything physically.
 
Also has anyone tried to put better paste on the GPU? any luck?


I have as I seen the write up about it and from what I can tell it helps to keep the clocks higher as I maxed BF 4 SP at 93c and clocks stayed nailed at 947/1250 the whole time.
 
Back
Top