• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

xfi plat vs xfi fatality?

boygorge

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
114
what is the major difference in lamens terms between these two cards. the price difference is nearly $200 dollars. i can understand technical terms, but tell me about what Features seperate one from the other.
 
the only difference I can see from the creative site is the fatality has 64MB of X-Ram, which I guess is just onboard ram. There are a few minor package differences in what you get, a few extra cables for the platinum it seems. The price difference on newegg is only 80 dollars. I just want to know how much of a performance increase you get from 80 dollars and 64MB of ram.
 
your right, im guessing as well as anybody that 64mb of ram, acts as a buffer of course and it allows more processing power to be free'd from your pc. we need an explanation.
 
I believe the games have to be programmed to utilize the X-Ram. I don't know if there is a definitive list, if any, of games that would. I have read on here that Battlefield 2 can take advantage of some of the extra features of the X-Fi, but that does not necessarily mean the X-Ram.

I purchased the fatality as the extra $80 was ok with my budget and it gives me the ability to take advantage of it down the road should games start to be optimized for the X-Ram.
 
And...even in games that are going to use the X-Ram, it may not even be for performance, it may be for more effects the other cards can't handle at all.


But then again...it's all speculation until we see what happens in the end.
 
Fati1ty is such a crappy name. Radeon and Geforce are good names. Wanna-be 1337 does not make a good product name.
 
there the same the falality has 64MB of 'X-ram' that only BF2 uses atm thats it other then that same every thing else
 
Elios said:
there the same the falality has 64MB of 'X-ram' that only BF2 uses atm thats it other then that same every thing else


BF2 uses the X-Ram?

I thought only Unreal 3 (yet to be released) supported it so far.
 
Back
Top