xfi io drive cable question

shadowfax

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
313
I've got an Audigy drive and it uses what looks like an IDE cable. Does the xfi drive use the same one, and if so, IS it an IDE cable that I can replace with a rounded one? I want the drive, but I'm not too thrilled about having a ribbon cable in there.

thanks
 
This must mean that you have an Audigy with a breakout box. I have the X-Fi Platinum and that comes with the breakout box as well. And I can tell you that the X-Fi w/ breakout box does use the flat IDE type ribbon. If you don't need the breakout box simply do not use it or purchase an X-Fi that does not have one and that will eliminate the problem. As far as being able to use a rounded IDE in place of the X-Fi/Audigy cable, I just do not know.



 
well I need some sort of breakout box. If I have to I'll get the external one that comes with the xfi platinum ultimate or whatever they're calling it now, but I'd rather not.
 
I like the search button too, but if you'll notice that link refers to an Audigy. Since I know they've changed stuff with the IO drive between the Audigy and the xfi (no more 1394 connector for instance) I wanted answers on the xfi.

But thanks for the tip - yeah I'll probably end up wrapping it myself. Won't be the prettiest, but oh well.
 
I like the search button too, but if you'll notice that link refers to an Audigy. Since I know they've changed stuff with the IO drive between the Audigy and the xfi (no more 1394 connector for instance) I wanted answers on the xfi.

But thanks for the tip - yeah I'll probably end up wrapping it myself. Won't be the prettiest, but oh well.

dunno about the xfi but I used rounded ide cable on my audigy2. you will have a set of 4 pins unused on each side.. you can tell if you have it hooked up right when you see light from the optical ports.
 
Back
Top