• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XFI-64Bit Driver Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MantisIT

Guest
I looked and well it didn't appear that anyone bothered to make a thread for this.

Anyways, as some of you might know, Creative has not yet released official drivers for the Sound Blaster Extreme Fidelity (X-Fi). I had the unfortunate experience of loading X64 (Brilliant, such much faster/responsive then it's 32bit counterpart) and not being able to use the 130+ dollar sound card.

To top it off we don't have a clear date on when the driver(s) are going to be released. Rumor has it that they'll probably be released around december, which I think is ridiculous seeing as Creative has already made drivers for Audigy2ZS(64bit) and not this.

If you have any information or insight to this, post it here!
 
If you have any information or insight to this, post it here!

I think you pretty much covered everything and the only thing this is going to do is turn into another Creative Bash fest.
 
If you want decent creative 64bit drivers then you'd be best off putting yourself into cryo or something for a few years. It'll be awhile.
 
Hvatum said:
If you want decent creative 64bit drivers then you'd be best off putting yourself into cryo or something for a few years. It'll be awhile.
Ahahaha!!! :p
 
Here we go again...

At this point, I might not even bother with an X-Fi. With the Xbox 360 coming out, I'll probably taper off my PC gaming, and focus on consoles for a while. By the time the PC draws me back with something I can't get on consoles, it'll be time for a whole new machine. If Creative had released x64 drivers in-box, it would have been a done deal. Now.. meh.

(How's that for a new perspective? ;) )
 
My sentiments exactly.

I get so pissed wondering how the hell they released X64 drivers for the Audigy 2 ZS and not the XFI. I don't think it's hitting them that they're losing alot of customers over this because once you've tried X64 over Windows 32bit, you'll never ever want go back to the old 32.

Unfortunately I can't stand my onboard sound so..I had to go back. It sucks!
 
To be fair, I wouldn't say the A2ZS drivers are all that great. BF2 doesn't sound all that hot (no area reverb) and Doom 3 is screwed up in EAX mode.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top