XeSS sucks :^)

  • Thread starter Deleted member 162929
  • Start date


The video he should have made first.

Looks like it still has major issues with particle effects. The image quality section of Hitman 3 at the rave and the Death Stranding section at the end are not flattering.
 
The image quality section of Hitman 3 at the rave
That did seem 100% unrelated to Xess, the artifact was there without it.

How much better out of the box at launch Xess seem to be versus DLSS 1.0, do seem to indicate how just fast the AI field is going, maybe it will look more like a log soon, but it is quite exploding and how much of a game changer it could be just by 2025-20226 can be hard to grasp, every month that goes on those models are learning a ton and being better at learning has well.
 
Thread title could use some qualifiers. It's a moot point, though, as the cards are practically non existent.
I agree its a moot point for this generation. Who knows though Intels might solve a lot of the driver issues before their next generation... and it might be good to know XeSS is worthwhile. I am not a fan of any of these proprietary single vendor solutions. Intel trying to make it work on every things is good. The fact that its clearly a very very different algorithm though is what I wanted to know. XeSS doesn't actually suck its just confusing for consumers.... 3 versions that all perform and behave differently while sharing one name is actually a dick move.

I mean I understand why... to make it work on multiple generations/vendors products they can't be the same. Its the naming that is the issue. Nvidia may be walking into much the same territory with DLSS 3 having it work differently with different cards.
 
Back
Top