Xeon processor upgrade questions

dar124

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello, I just picked up a HP xw6200 mother board to build a new desktop PC. The board came with dual Intel Xeon 2.80 GHz processors. I'd like to upgrade the processors to one of the faster options available for the board. I found this in the mother board manual.

processor%2Binfo.jpg

These are the processors that the board came with.

28ghz.jpg

I think that I've found a couple compatible processors (pictured below), but because this is my first time upgrading a processor I figured that I'd run it by the forum to verify that these will work.

Thanks in advance.

36ghz.jpg

Ok, here's the processor that's currently in the board.

28ghz2.jpg

And the new one's that I'm looking to pick up to upgrade.

36ghz2.jpg

I suspect both are compatible with each other, but they're so old I don't see a purpose in putting them back in service. It's basically a Pentium 4. You can buy used Pentium 4 boxes for $50 or less.

Between the little bit of money that I'll spend on this, the parts I've been given or that I currently have I'll probably spend right around $50. So I'm good with getting this PC put together. And I'm interested to see how a dual processor machine will perform!!!

But since this is my first time upgrading a processor I figured that I'd verify that these will work. With trying to save some $$ I dont want to by 3 sets of processors to finally find a set that's compatible!!!

Back