Xeon Mobo Madness!!!

Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
631
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813151146R

Tyan Thunder i860 for only $69.99!! I'm not sure how many of these Newegg has but this is a screaming deal. Retail Xeon boards like this go for well over $300 dollars on eBay. I will finally (hopefully) be able to get my 1.7 ghz 400 mhz FSB Xeon dually up and running again! :D If anyone has some 400 mhz FSB Xeons (this board can handle the ones with 256k and 512k cache) and some RIMMs you should jump on this.

 
Socket 603 and RAMBUS :p :D Ooooold shizzle but still better PPD then a Williamette crapper or a P3. Oh you need a funky server type power supply too. :eek:

 
So the question is, Should I buy and will this up my ppd?
Dang that is a good price for a dual p4 xeon mb, sadly it take rambus though.
 
You can get a matched pair of Xeons for an amazingly small amount of money on eBay. Right now on eBay theres a matched pair of 1.7 ghz for $35 (shipping included) and several matched 2.4 ghzs for between $120 - $150. RAMBUS however is a little more expensive. By the looks this board uses PC800. Plus this board requires a EPS compatable power supply. The cheapest one on Newegg is $50.00 and thats on sale. I'd say this board is an awesome deal for anyone who has a ton of RAMBUS laying around or some old Xeons. Otherwise you could spend the say money Core 2 Duo machine and get better PPD. I had my dual 1.7 box running for several months but I don't recall what kind of PPD it was getting.
 
Back
Top