• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Xeon E3-1230

Toconator

[H]ard DCOTM January 2026
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
880
Have a great deal pushed under my nose for a Xeon E3-1230 with Intel Server System P4304BTLSFCN Tower 4U LGA1155X1 DDR3 SATAX4 GIGABITX2 365 Watt PS with the Integrated Server RAID Module RMS2AF080 SAS Controller. All I need is some RAM and HDD's and I'm good to go. Planning to run Windows Server on it if I get it. Would it make decent ppd? Ideas please
 
It will be equal to an equally overclocked i7-2600K in PPD. But sine you will be running it in an intel server you won't be able to overclock and it will be inferior to an overclocked 2600K.
 
Thanks DooKey. stock 2600 ppd isn't too bad? TDP of only 80W is welcome to the wallet too when folding 24/7. Should be a bullet proof server for years to come. maybe I'll go for it ...
 
I get about 23k ppd on my OC'ed 2600K.

I used to get a bunch more.
 
When running windows you will get lower ppd than if you where to run linux.
 
thanx Poc but I'm not going (or able with this mobo) to OC it.
sc0tty8: it's going to replace my current Windows Server so Linux is not an option.
NobleX13: no it's a one off straight from Intel to fellow tech who attended a seminar but I would be willing to part with the RAID card if anyone is interested.
 
Raid card is a custom form factor LSI SAS 2008 based card roughly eqivelant to the LSI 9211-8i but with 7 pin connectors. No onboard cache so realistically this is a JBOD/RAID 0/ RAID 1/ RAID 10 card.
 
Back
Top