Xeon + Dedicated Graphics Card vs i7

Joined
Nov 5, 2010
Messages
24
sorry for being a noob. I have browse and read through a lot of articles and it boils down to 1) overclocking and 2) graphics on die in the i7 Processors.

So, my question is i dont overclock and i intend to put dedicated graphics card, does that mean it would be ok to go for Xeon E3 rather than i7?


I intend to do VM with my machine and maybe some little gaming once in a while...

thanks..
 
are you doing Xeon E3 + Xeon mobo or Xeon E3 + consumer mobo? (I assume the former one, for ECC support)

some of the Xeons have IGP... (the ones ending with 5 have IGP, E3-1XX5)
 
initially i was going for the ASUS boards but couldnt seem to make my mind as i can't seem to find a decent xeon consumer mobo

either way, i have a HIS HD5450 PCI-E in my old pc which i can reuse. And i would prefer stability on my system.. should i go xeon E3? or it is indifferent ?
 
Back
Top