• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xeon 5355 for 2D and 3D?

RobertM

n00b
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
37
I'm considering a Xeon 5355 2.66 GHz, 2X 4MB L2 1333, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz, 256MB Quadro FX3500, 10,000RPM boot drive.

I like to build games but I'm wondering if this system will be able to play them sufficiently for me to be able to judge the gaming design etc. In other words...will this Xeon play the latest games with adequate FPS and 3D rendering?

I also have a question concerning the difference between the FX3500 and an 8800 GTX in terms rendering digital photographs. Is the FX 3500 superior for 2D?

I will appreciate any help/experience you can offer!!

RobertM
 
Back
Top