• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

xeon 5140 dual type?

sdadept

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
433
I have a 2u server with a xeon 5140 proc in it. It's a supermicro dual board though and I want to put in a second proc. Can I buy just any 5140 xeon and put it in there or do I need a certain type? For that matter, anyone know a good place to pick one of these older procs up?
 
All 5140s are the same, and they support dual-socket implementations so you can just get a second one and stick it in.
 
I briefly read something about 5140p (passive?) types. I don't need one of those? I just want to make sure I don't buy something that doesn't end up working.
 
I haven't seen anything about a 5140p. In any case, just stick with a normal 5140 and you'll be fine.
 
Back
Top