XCOM Apocalypse

Erik

2[H]4U
How can I get this thing to run under windows 2000? It tells me something like I have 2 megs of ram (i have 128) and doesn't seem to be able to handle the "incredible" (compared to its release date) system specs of my comp. Any suggestions? I really want to retrogame this thing, I've had a craving for quite a while...

In Xp you right click the .exe and there will be a compatibility tab dunno about w2k or if there is such a feature

ah man...i remember this game...it was sooooo much fun...lemme know if you have any luck running it...

I can't choose a compatibility mode from right clicking the .exe.

Also, in the setup program (which runs ok) it doesn't recognize my soundcard and some of my other hardware because the game was made before my stuff, and it only has a short list of compatible things. I choose "no sound" and so forth, but, I still can't run the game's exe.

Edit: I'm going to try rebooting in DOS, if that's even possible. I've never tried it before with 2000. The game's readme says that will help with win95 problems.

there is no dos mode for win2k, only a psuedo command prompt.

google: dosbox

That might do it :)

Dosbox worked, although it was tought to use it to load the right folder. Thanks

Back