• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xclio vs the X-Connect...

G-RaZoR

n00b
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
27
Hello, I am in the need of a power supply, and this month's "Best Bang for the Buck" is the Xclio 450watt, which is $52.50 from Newegg. However, I am kinda looking at this Ultra X-Connect. Now the thing is, this X-Connect is cheaper, and offers some small things such as nice UV reactive cables. However, the Xclio is Dual 12v rail, while the X-Connect is 34a@12v.

My specs are currently:

P4 3.2ghz (Planning on Overclocking it in the few weeks to 3.4 or 3.6)
ATI x800XTPE
1 gig of RAM (planning on going to either 2gb or 3gb in the next week or so)
1 200gb SATA drive (planning on a 74gb raptor, as well as another 200gb drive)
I also have a Sapphire Theatrix TV-Tuner card, but I don't think that will take very much power.

Would 450watt be enough for my future upgrades?
 
as many people here would tell you i wouldn't be too concerned with total wattage. having said that there have been mixed reviews about ultra brand psu's mostly bad (usually about them not being reliable and what not). so i assume you would be better off with the xclio psu since it looks very promising.
 
Well that's what I was thinking......The only reason I have heard of Xclio brand is from this site, or else I would've never considered it.
 
G-RaZoR said:
Well that's what I was thinking......The only reason I have heard of Xclio brand is from this site, or else I would've never considered it.

The Xclio is a ChannelWell product like Antec. For a lowend unit it is pretty good. I haven't run the numbers now but it may be enough....however what might you upgrade to?
 
cell_491 said:
the x-connect is about the worst psu you can buy apperently

Really? Based on what personal experience? :rolleyes:

o0akoni0o said:
having said that there have been mixed reviews about ultra brand psu's mostly bad (usually about them not being reliable and what not).

Actually, I believe the reviews are "mostly good." There were two failures, Maximum PC and TrustedReviews, and only TrustedReviews used a trusted testing methodology, but never exposed what the actual point of failure was because they loaded the power supply at "100W, 200W, 300W, etc." and not "3.3/5/12: 5A/10A/20A, 5A/15A/30A, etc."
 
I actually think the Xclio is a great value. Channelwell quality without the Antec price. Just have to keep an eye on the rail numbers, though (remember: Watts don't mean jack.)

Too boot... if you don't leave your PC on 24/7, the XClio has the added feature of leaving it's fans running a good 2 minutes after the PC has powered down. This keeps the power supply cool and lengthens it's life span.

That said, I'm a bit confused... Why in the world are you comparing a power supply whose target market is lights, windows, UV reactuve modular cables, et al. (the X-Connect) versus a "best bang for the buck" work horse? That's like saying: "Do I get the Dodge with the Hemi and the tow package or do I get the Escalade with the 20" spinners?" Come on. ;)
 
"That's like saying: "Do I get the Dodge with the Hemi and the tow package or do I get the Escalade with the 20" spinners?" Come on. "


That had me ROLLING....

that was the funniest thing i have read today.
 
It's all about the Benjamins baby.....

Spinweel_BIG%20BALLER.jpg
 
head over to extremeoverclocking.com they have the xclio on review.... almost as good as the antec truepower 2 480watter I may add :)
 
I have tested & am using both the XCilo 400W & 450W PSU's,
they are great "BEST BANG for the BUCK" PSU's! :D
 
Don't say BANG when talking about power supplies. ;) Brings back flashbacks....

So how's the weather in Daytona? We're getting PUMMELED by bands.

Whoops... Dish just went out. :( Damn!
 
jonnyGURU said:
Don't say BANG when talking about power supplies. ;) Brings back flashbacks....

So how's the weather in Daytona? We're getting PUMMELED by bands.

Whoops... Dish just went out. :( Damn!
Just hot & humid, but we may see some heavy rail later today & tomorrow.
This one is heading west of its first projections & we are very happy about that! :)
 
jonnyGURU said:
Don't say BANG when talking about power supplies. ;) Brings back flashbacks....

So how's the weather in Daytona? We're getting PUMMELED by bands.

Whoops... Dish just went out. :( Damn!

Keep it down there guys. We are still cleaning up from the tornado's spawned by Cindy.
 
Back
Top