Xclio propeller case (36cm fan)

Krilikz

Limp Gawd
This case was def worth the money! The fan is of good quality, and the added speed controller and on/off switch on the side is great. At max speed you hear the fan a little bit but turn the nob just a tad and its silent! The inside is your basic case, no real wire routing advantages. Though there are Air holes on the top of the case, the backside of the case (the one the motherboard is on) and of coarse in the front by hard drives. For adding fans you have the option for 2 90mm on the back and either a 120 or 90 in the front. If you want to go crazy on air flow i believe it would be possible to drill some holes and put a fan on the top of the case by where the air vents are. All in all this case is worth the 80 bucks i think newegg has it for now. Enjoy

(ps this is my first review)

Inside the beast
p6010002cv9.jpg

First power up
p6030004ql2.jpg

The 36cm fan....:D can some one say ultimate cooling?
p6030005zr8.jpg

THE CASE! (tad blurry)
p6030006ma4.jpg

For a case review, you should probably mention which case it is that is up for review ;)

But looks cool, that's a huge fan!

too much bling

I wouldn't mind a huge fan like that, but I don't want that many lights in the room I sleep in.

its really not that bad....you can turn the fan with leds off on the side....though its not like you see much of a glow from that. The front led is the only thing that stays on, personally it isnt that bright, my computer is literately right next to my bed too.

Its the subject....Xclio Propeller

That's my bad, I should be more careful when bringing people down :confused:

Looks like a cool case though, I was looking at their other ones, forgot what they're called...the one with the HUGEASS fan on the front and on the side, with huge blue lights... haha it would have been tacky as hell, but cool I think. oh well, I ended up reusing my old case and it's not bad.

Dosent look like anything special inside but the outside is well done - considering the plethora of shitty cases made these days. That fan is huuuuge! I saw the 20cm one on the 900 last night and it was way too big for my liking

Well once i have thought of getting myself the Xclio twin 25cm fan (I forgot the model number). But then i realise there's no fan filters with such a n enormous size. Dust can be a major problem.

A 36cm one is prone to be a vaccum cleaner. To reduce the noise, it may be working in an extremely low rpm, say for instance, 400. How much air can it draw that way?

I can see that it's more of an aestehtic value only.

Wouldn't it be more effective to ghetto-rig up nine (9) 120mm mid-speed yate loons? Might move more air and be a shad quieter... I would look into it, but I don't do lights on cases, with the mild exception of the power/hdd leds.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811103015

Also their sister company (Aplus cases) has a case that was shown in cebit that might be comming out soon, It looks cool as hell! http://www.pcworld.bg/?call=USE~home;&page=paper&n=3023

The problem i see with xclios other cases with the round fan on the front is that what if you want to like lay your computer on its side....its going to be a pain i think

That cebit case will make dust bunnies run in fear. That fan sitting on the front might as well be a Hoover vacuum.

Hey guys don't worry. I just visited the guy who designed all these retarded cases and castrated him. Our children will live in an age of cases that make sense.

Back