XClio Goodpower 500, enough for the following set up?

OsageCowboy

Limp Gawd
Asus P5N-E 650i board
Dual WD SE16 HDs
8800 GTX
Floppy
2 12cm fans
E6400 CPU

I DO NOT plan on running an SLI configuration with this. My understanding is that the XClio is the most reliable 500 Watt PSU around and at a GREAT price. Please tell me if you think it should power this stuff without any issues....

Sure it should run it and it is cheap. But it isn't the best 500w PSU around.

...well i just don't want to have a meltdown of my hardware. should i be safe and without any worries? please advise.

You do not need to spend PC P&C type scratch to get high end quality,in a ps... A Corsair or Seasonic 520/550 watter (In that order) will be fine,as would a Silverstone 560 Zeus.I'd grab a HX620 as it has a better warrenty then the Sea's or Silvers do. :) best of luck !

You will be fine. You are buying too heavily into PC Power and Rip off's marketing. Official rating? 30a, 450w, for a single card. That's given for the typical generic pile of shit, so you could easily run it on a good, quality unit of much less power. Probubly even a high quality 400w, 25a, would have no problems.

The Xclio will be good; I recommend a more powerful power supply, for future upgrading, headache proofing, and the "gotta have it" factor.

The XClio 500 watt "Goodpower" unit will be fine for your system.

No, they aren't the best 500 watters around, but they're good enough, and a great bang / buck.

Back