superkdogg
Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 14, 2004
- Messages
- 743
Hey all,
I just got a projector, partly for Xbox360 and partly for movies. It's nothing special but I got a good deal on it. (Really good, as in two projectors for $207 at a local auction). I intend to play strictly in my basement which has no ambient light whatsoever (and the creepiness keeps the wife away which is why I play down there!).
Anyhow, here's the question part. The projector is the EZPro 550, which has a low lumens rating, a native 800x600 resolution and compression for 10x7. Would I get better results using a component input for 480p, using the VGA cable for 8x6, or using the VGA cable and then compressing the 10x7 image back down to 8x6? I know how to multiply to figure out the resolutions, but I'm wondering how much loss there would be due to changing from 16:9 to 4:3. It looks to me like I'll have to choose.
There's another problem that may make this point moot. The projector uses a proprietary input cable that has VGA on the other end and the projector doesn't accept HD input natively. With this in mind, I'm not even sure that I have an option to use 480p unless the XBox will output any resolution you want it to via the VGA cable. Does anybody have an XBox running through a monitor who could answer this (or better yet, a projector with a native 8x6 display)?
I just got a projector, partly for Xbox360 and partly for movies. It's nothing special but I got a good deal on it. (Really good, as in two projectors for $207 at a local auction). I intend to play strictly in my basement which has no ambient light whatsoever (and the creepiness keeps the wife away which is why I play down there!).
Anyhow, here's the question part. The projector is the EZPro 550, which has a low lumens rating, a native 800x600 resolution and compression for 10x7. Would I get better results using a component input for 480p, using the VGA cable for 8x6, or using the VGA cable and then compressing the 10x7 image back down to 8x6? I know how to multiply to figure out the resolutions, but I'm wondering how much loss there would be due to changing from 16:9 to 4:3. It looks to me like I'll have to choose.
There's another problem that may make this point moot. The projector uses a proprietary input cable that has VGA on the other end and the projector doesn't accept HD input natively. With this in mind, I'm not even sure that I have an option to use 480p unless the XBox will output any resolution you want it to via the VGA cable. Does anybody have an XBox running through a monitor who could answer this (or better yet, a projector with a native 8x6 display)?