XBOX360 audio question

alkaline

Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
727
I am going to be purchasing an xbox 360 sometime soon and i have a simple question about its audio. I am planning on hooking the system into my pc monitor and i want to run the sound through my set of logitech z-4i's. I have done a bit of research on the audio and i noticed that the HD vga cable has 2 audio connectors [presumably left and right channels]. The only issue i have with that is that my z-4i's only have 1 audio input jack. Is there a cable/adapter that i can purchase that will change the dual inputs into a single input? is it possible to pick up locally [ie: radioshack]? thanks for your help guys
 
Hey alkaline, you might want to try a Y splitter with two rca inputs- it would look something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000067RC4/ref=pd_cp_e_title/103-0282121-8479023

On one end is a headphone jack, it splits into two rca audio inputs. I think this might work. You could probably buy one pretty cheap at radioshack. Now, I don't know what results you will get...but what the hell.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep, looks like it. You would plug in the audio cables into the inputs of the splitter and then plug the headphone jack into your speakers' audio input.

Let me know how it works out :) .
 
Back
Top