Xbox360 and HD Content?

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
I've looked for the answer and couldn't find a distinct response to this question, but through Xbox360's Media Center Extender thing, can it play HD content?

I.e. i record or d/l some HD stuff, and want to play it on my TV, will the 360 be able to handle the HD? Or is it just for SD?

I'm thinking yes due to it's raw power, but I was surprised when the desktop in my sig couldn't play the Spiderman 3 trailer in HD...

Stuff you record (OTA HD) yes it will playback. Stuff you DL is majorly sketchy, if it's an HD WMV I'm pretty sure it will play it back but you can forget about anything else.

Also I'm not suprised any of your systems in your sig couldn't playback the Spiderman 3 trailor. you need CPU speed and a modern video card (the old 9x00 series cards offer no acceleration for HD content, just MPEG2 for DVDs).

The Xbox 360 is quite the capable machine, believe me. It's the fact that the damn thing only supports certain codecs. I use transcode360 from my media server for just about everything that I have HD, DVD Video_TS files, xvid...works great!

Back