Xbox to DVI connection

Orddie

2[H]4U
Hey all,

I'm looking to make use of a spare monitor for TV watching through another xbox. I know I can get an HDMI cable to DVI plug but my question then becomes about sound.

The monitor does not have built in speakers (another reason why i need a DVI cable). How would I get audio out of the xbox?

Thanks!

u can use the hdmi and the standard xbox connection and get audio from the rca....i have something in both outputs on mine and it works fine...

on ur standard xbox connector, just take the plastic cover off if u run into clearance problems...my hdmi cable is thick (giggidty) so i had to take the plastic off the connection to get it to fit correctly

On that adapter you should be able to output either RCA (white and red plugs) or Optical in case you have a digital 5.1 system.

You can get audio, people telling you cannot are clueless. Use the original component cable to still connect to the back of your xbox, however ignore all video connectors and use the red/white analog audio cables to achieve sound. Most people buy a very cheap Y adapter that converts from 3.5mm (headphone/accessory jack) to RCA.

Its a $5 solution and 5 minutes of time invested. I ran this kind of setup on a monitor to either external speakers or a headset for over 2 years.

On that adapter you should be able to output either RCA (white and red plugs) or Optical in case you have a digital 5.1 system.

I used SVGA from my old 360 and Optical out because one of my HDMI ports on the receiver went bad.

SVGA handled the 1080p to the TV and used the optical to the receiver.

thanks everyone. i ordered the part on ebay (cheapest i could find) and will hopefully have it by Superbowl!

Back