XBOX SoftMod site is up.

I'm still a modchip man myself.. and with the DuoX2 lite's going for $10 shipped from the x-scene buy/sell forum, you can't beat it.

I have one of the first generation XBOXs and I noticed that the IDE cable inside is only an 66(33?) pin cable. Is this not a bottleneck in the XBOX ?

they all have that same IDE cable. you can put a faster one in but it wont make much of a difference. very complicated but if you really care to know all the details search xbox-scene's forums

mikelish said:
they all have that same IDE cable. you can put a faster one in but it wont make much of a difference. very complicated but if you really care to know all the details search xbox-scene's forums

I already switch out the cables to the 90 pin ones. Wasn't that hard to do.

yeah I'm a hardmod man as well. (1.0 Xbox w/ Xecutor sp?) 2.3b) Also modded the dvd rom drive (was a having read problems with it). Just decreased the amount of resistance on the power going to the laser. (basically made the laser a little stronger).

Works like a charm.

I prefer the hard mod myself... But rather than pay for any old modchip i like to just close the correct points on the mobo and flash the TSOP with any bios of my choice. ussualy an X2 variant. I LOVE IT! woo

Those new X3's are loooking cool though.. might be worth a purchase. As for the IDE cable you can upgrade to an 80pin no problem and it will boost performance slightly.. You wont really notice this however until you upgrade to a better harddrive.

http://newagegaming.net/xbox

Back