• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xbox + PC on my LCD setup.

xtox

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
242
I currently have an xbox 360 on the way to me, and already have a nice 19" LCD, which is alot bigger then my old TV. I was thinking about getting the VGA lead for the xbox and hooking it up. However I still want to use it with my PC, but unplugging is a hassle. Is there some sort of switch box i can use?

Ideally this would fit both scenarios:

Dual 19" LCDs = Connected to my PC (dual output) + Xbox (just one LCD)

Single 19" LCD = Connected to my PC + Xbox

Would like to switch between devices at will.
 
uhm...it is for anything with a component output. I have my Xbox360 hooked to my monitor right now thru it.
 
Tiny said:
uhm...it is for anything with a component output. I have my Xbox360 hooked to my monitor right now thru it.
omg it is?!?!!? thanks for telling me that, but it was designed for the original xbox but yes any component will work on it, why get a transcoder instead of the vga cable and actually have true vga output instead of changing the signal? id rather have the vga cable and acutally be able to change resolutions instead of just 720p, 1080i (both widescreen, and I dont think he has a widescreen monitor, so he is left with 480p, yay why not just hook it up to your tv instead) with component.
 
My preference would be the VGA cable. Also - depending upon your LCD it may have dual inputs This would be the best route.

I have the VGA blaster hooked up to my monitor at home that allows me to play my XBOX on it. It supports up to 720P on computer monitors and I have never had any trouble with it.

A simple KVM would work for you if you don't have dual inputs on your LCD - just don't plug in the extra cables that you don't need.
 
i wouldnt recommend a switch box, most of them have lag. it sucks hard for fighting games. or anything to do with timing for that matter.
 
I wonder if his monitor only has one hook up? does it have a dvi? mostly likely not but worth asking since then you could hook them up if you buy a new cable.
 
Back
Top