Xbox One won't turn on

Nimisys

Fully [H]
My launch Xbox One won't turn on, get a small chirp, but no lights. Brick shows solid orange. Tried cycling connections, tried different outlets, different displays, different HDMI cables, with and without external drive installed, same result. Thinking it's dead, Jim.

Any other ideas? The Google shows it to be a not uncommon issue, but has very little answers as to cause or correction.

the easiest thing would be to try a different power supply.

the 5vsb might be totaled.

any lightning storms as of late?

I was going to suggest trying a different power brick as well. Hopefully you know somebody who has an original Xbox One as well, so you could try theirs. If that doesn't fix the issue then I'm guessing you'd have to send it in for repairs (which may or may not be worth it to you).

Tried holding the button down for 10-20 seconds? That's supposed to cause it to do a hard boot. Did you already have the latest update, it pushed in the past week or so to me?

No storms, or power surges/brownouts, tried holding the button for 10-20 seconds. tried the pair+eject+power button combo. don't know anyone locally with an original brick to try :( going to try at the MS store and crappy Gamestop.

it did this the previous week for about 2 days and then went back to working correctly. lasted 5-6 days and then back to the same problem.

so odd thing happened last night, it actually turned on, and wanted to do an update. i told it to go ahead, and about ten minutes later it was off again and wouldn't power back on, despite the brick being orange. going to try loading the update via USB stick directly.

I had the same issue a couple of months ago with my launch XB1. Ended up replacing the power supply and the issue went away.

Back