XBox One + Titanfall, $499

Demon10000

Supreme [H]ardness
Got this in my email a few minutes ago...

New XBox One Titanfall Edition is $499 and they're taking pre-orders now.

If you're going to buy the console for this game (or when it comes out), this is surely the way to do it.

It also comes with a free month of Gold. If you order by 3/8, it looks like they promise release day delivery.

I believe people are reporting the 5% coupon MS gives you for signing up for text alert deals actually works on the bundle for $25 off. No idea if it will ship at that price, tread cautiously.

This seems like a nice price cut, they are giving you the game for free! It seems a early for price cuts though, doesn't the price usually stay pretty stable until a few hardware revisions?

This seems like a nice price cut, they are giving you the game for free! It seems a early for price cuts though, doesn't the price usually stay pretty stable until a few hardware revisions?

Read between the lines.

If you do get this, pick up the year of live for 39.99 that's going around.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Live-Mon...48711&sr=1-1&keywords=12+month+xbox+live+card

Not really a price cut like the UK, just trying to add some incentive to people on the fence. There were a lot of people waiting for this bundle around launch and it's good they went through with this. Kind of sucks, wish I would of waited a little now. Free games are always nice especially full retail ones.

+1 to Kyle for stamping trolling.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I refuse to pay $499.99 for a console. Best Buy had a deal a few months back where they would take "any" 360 console for $100.00 I bought a brand new 360 for $219.00 with two new games (minus the $100.00) The 360 will keep me busy for the next two years, then I'll consider the XBOX One.

A little odd, usually when I hear edition, I think they made a chance to the unit (i.e. color scheme or something), it looks like this is just a bundle, xbone and the game, nothing different, but still a way to save $60.

While it IS a better price than what we saw at launch, Xbox Live is still the biggest rip off currently for consumers who simply want hardware which gives them games and online content in 2014 at an affordable/fair price.

The hardware appears to be under powered, while forcing consumers to pay more for hardware(Kinect) add-ons which they have zero games for, along with actually hindering the hardwares performance to stay competitive with their competition.

Is the Xbox 1 a good buy? No. I'd wait for another price drop, along with better software support. And honestly, we need to wait for Microsoft to actually figure out just what the heck they are going to do with their own product in 2014/2015.

Take your hard earned dollars and build a budget PC, or go with a PS4.

That said, thanks to OP for the heads up on the best deal currently thus far on Microsoft's offerings.

GL.

How were the earlier posts trolling, when these later ones aren't? More or less just repeating what was here before, which is all its ever going to be in an X1 related thread around here.

If you don't like it, move along, no need to post.

I agree, Cecil.

"A good buy" is up to the buyer, not someone on the outside looking in. If it fills the needs and they've got the money, it's not up to us to decide.

It's a GREAT buy if you want to play Titanfall with your friends on Xbox One

How were the earlier posts trolling, when these later ones aren't? More or less just repeating what was here before, which is all its ever going to be in an X1 related thread around here.

If you don't like it, move along, no need to post.

So someone who disagrees with a deal posting and wants to provide advice to a potential buyer is considered a troll? Then the mods need to start deleting posts left and right.

If thats the case I have trolls in my BF4 premium posting. I see no difference in the negative comments of either post.

So someone who disagrees with a deal posting and wants to provide advice to a potential buyer is considered a troll? Then the mods need to start deleting posts left and right.

If thats the case I have trolls in my BF4 premium posting. I see no difference in the negative comments of either post.

Its more that the few posts in the beginning were deleted for trolling, then the later posts mimic them, and have not been deleted.

To be fair, in the hot deal thread, if a price is lower or the deal is better then what was, or what can be found, then any negative posts should be considered trolling. If someone doesn't like the item, they should move on, everyone is entitled to like something if they want to.

It's not just that it's negative, it's the spirit of the post. Using words like "rip-off," saying that they are forcing consumers to buy something (nobody can force you to buy anything, other than ObamaCare) and pushing an obvious anti-XBone adenda don't really help someone decide if it's a bargain or not. ;)

Isn't this really $499 plus the cost of Live ($40-50), just to play Titanfall?

Nice, trying to think outside the box, but really it would have just cost you $550 dollars (xbox and game) then about an extra ($40-50) to play it... ;)

Nice, trying to think outside the box, but really it would have just cost you $550 dollars (xbox and game) then about an extra ($40-50) to play it... ;)

From my friends input on the beta... it is a resounding YES if you want to play with buddies on the console rather than the PC.

If you are a PC gamer already, then NO. I switched to consoles when none of my friends had PCs powerful enough for gaming anymore.

From my friends input on the beta... it is a resounding YES if you want to play with buddies on the console rather than the PC.

If you are a PC gamer already, then NO. I switched to consoles when none of my friends had PCs powerful enough for gaming anymore.

Lol I'm the same way kinda. Not a lot of my friends play a lot of pc games and if they do they usually just play WoW..... I'm not about the WoW life.

To be fair, in the hot deal thread, if a price is lower or the deal is better then what was, or what can be found, then any negative posts should be considered trolling. If someone doesn't like the item, they should move on, everyone is entitled to like something if they want to.

Gotta disagree. A discussion can inform a fellow forum member with better information for a purchase decision. Let me point you to the "Kingston SSD prices are low on Amazon!" thread.. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1806974

In the case of that thread, the OP was unaware of WHY the prices had fallen so low, and further discussion revealed the reason for the pricing: namely that the manufacturer had pulled a silent bait-and-switch to inferior components (surprise surprise, the same thing that led to OCZ's downfall) and people were ending up with bum devices not performing as advertised or led to believe. In this instance the discussion assisted fellow forum members become more informed and avoid wasting their money. But by your assertion, any posts critical of the item should have just "moved on" and not even bothered replying. Doesn't make sense. Its a discussion forum. If there's an individual post that's particularly flame-baity you always have the option to report it and then the mods can make the call.

Last edited:
Back