Xbox One Sales Triple After Price Cut

Dekoth-E- said:
Given you have in multiple threads been given tons of valid reasons people own consoles in addition to PC's and have ignored.
Name a single reason I have "ignored". There is a big difference between "refuted" or "dismissed" and ignored. I responded to every false claim. For example, if someone says you need F-350s because they can travel on highways and are more fuel efficient, its not "ignoring" them to say that's wrong! :D
1, yes you can boot right to big picture, however that requires you to remove security on your computer of having a password to get on. You then still are only controlling some parts of steam. You are not controlling downloading driver updates, windows updates....
2. steam and windows will do a good job for most things. But you will still have driver updates that need to be done manually.
You repeated windows/driver updates twice, you do realize that both can be automated right (its called Geforce Experience, automatically updates your video drivers), and that consoles also require software updates?
90e0b233-0d9a-4255-848a-30ea94341d7d.png

3. PC game when released $50, console when released $60 wouldn't really call that expensive.
As well as the free to play games like Mechwarrior Online, I think you need to visit Steam bro. I paid $30 for Titanfall at release and $37 for Beyond Earth just recently. I usually wait for Steam sales though, and OMG can you load up! I still have a backlog, ugh! :)
As for the screen, not everyone is going to have room for a screen that size. Also not everyone is going to be so close. 11 feet from a tv sounds like you have it in your bedroom and not in the living room.
Its my living room... well "Great Room" is what they call it, since the kitchen, kitchen table, "living room area" and "dining/entertainment" area are all one big open layout. I have a 55" LED TV, and a 100" Elite Screens electric projector screen that lowers on top of it. $170 for screen and Optoma HD131Xe for $560... gotta love not having to buy several consoles and expensive games and subscriptions! Spend that money elsewhere! :D
Yes, it makes it easier for idiots.
I suppose if we're sinking to the level of grandma's like in your example sure, but you're not arguing you're an idiot though, no? Just trying to help you out bro and join the PC religion! :)

Perhaps if you'd like to read this holy-book, you too can wash yourself of peasant grime:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

310.gif

Name a single reason I have "ignored". There is a big difference between "refuted" or "dismissed" and ignored. I responded to every false claim.

Ok first we need to establish that answering a question with false and or information that can't be applied equally isn't refuting. It is at best dismissive or at worst just ignoring the point of the question.

On several occasions concerning answers to why own a console at all your response has been as follows (Paraphrased). Why bother with a console or multiple consoles when I can just build a higher end pc that does everything.

That above paraphrase comes from numerous statements from you where you flatly cannot comprehend the idea of owning more than one platform. It also ignores the fact that there are and likely always will be "Console Exclusive" games that people enjoy. That fact alone justifies console ownership for some people. You can't claim a PC can do everything a console can do when there are certain games that will never be available to it.

The next one comes in your answer to the fact that an HTPC is more hassle to operate than a console when it comes to playing games. Your answer over and over and over has been "Well Steam!" This again ignores the fact that some of us don't use stream and that Steam isn't an OS in regards to an HTPC. Trying to argue that a PC can offer a console like experience as far as ease of use in the living room is just dishonest. At this point it simply can't, and especially not for the price. The fact of the matter is you are NEVER going to build a PC capable of gaming at the same level as a console in the Same footprint and Price as a console.

I have pointed out multiple times that consoles fill a specific niche. I have never once said they replace a PC, that argument is about as dumb as saying a Tablet replaces a PC. They clearly don't. That doesn't render them useless though either. Just because you personally can't see the need doesn't mean it is fact. As I have said more than a few times, I am a PC gamer first. I have invested countless thousands of dollars into my Rig over the years. However in the living room for certain games, a console is a better and easier experience. I have built numerous HTPC's over the years and they are just quite frankly a pita. I likewise have young children, in that case a console is just flatly superior because a 3 and 8 year old mashing buttons can't screw the damn thing up. Same can't be said for a PC.

I likewise have young children, in that case a console is just flatly superior because a 3 and 8 year old mashing buttons can't screw the damn thing up. Same can't be said for a PC.

If the PC isn't running as an admin it would be pretty difficult to screw it up just mashing buttons. I've had a number of young kids use my Windows 8 tablets running under a guest account and while they sometimes manage to install all kinds of apps and whatnot they've never screwed up a device.

If the PC isn't running as an admin it would be pretty difficult to screw it up just mashing buttons. I've had a number of young kids use my Windows 8 tablets running under a guest account and while they sometimes manage to install all kinds of apps and whatnot they've never screwed up a device.

This is relevant how? Why on earth would I want to deal with guest accounts and all that nonsense when the following is true;

1) I want a device that plays games, movies etc on the TV. With minimal fuss, no dicking around with codecs, players, drivers etc etc..Just Mash Button and Go.
2) I want it for myself and my kids to require as little interaction as possible to start up and be playing. In this instance, I press 1 button on a console on a single controller. I never have to deal with anything else.
3) I don't have to have additional hardware Ever to do anything on it...No mouse and keyboard, no additional remotes just 1 controller.
4) I have several Gaming PC's upstairs for when we want to play the "serious games".
5) There are tons of games on the console platforms I own that I, my wife and my kids all enjoy that are not and never will be available on the PC, so why would I limit my options for no reason?
6) The console costs less and takes up far less space than any HTPC I ever built or even could still build.
Etc..
Etc...
Etc....

Once again the Argument of PC or Console only is inane. There is no logical argument from either side for exclusivity. The only Logical argument is that You like one or both and you pick the one or both that works for you. Saying that one is inferior or superior to the other as a blanket statement is just ignorant. This ongoing argument in thread after thread that constantly seeks to belittle console ownership as a badge of shame is just redundant and steeped in logical fallacies and ignorance. Honestly I have grown more than a little tired of seeing the same tired arguments over and over.

This is relevant how? Why on earth would I want to deal with guest accounts and all that nonsense when the following is true;

I wasn't trying to argue all these points. I agree that consoles are generally easier to deal with than PCs for big screen gaming and entertainment purposes. That said, a Windows 8 tablet for mobile gaming and entertainment is pretty simple and robust as well. Setting up different accounts isn't a big deal and actually that's something that even Android supports now.

1) I want a device that plays games, movies etc on the TV. With minimal fuss, no dicking around with codecs, players, drivers etc etc..Just Mash Button and Go.
You really don't know how to setup a machine so that, once done, its a single button push? And you do realize that the XBone, PS4, and Wii U have limitations on what they can play from your media library. You also can't stream live-TV from them as far as I know, not without a lot of work. Are your kids able to figure out how to switch from watching TV to playing Halo? Which remote controls the volume and turns each device on and changes the input on your TV?
2) I want it for myself and my kids to require as little interaction as possible to start up and be playing. In this instance, I press 1 button on a console on a single controller. I never have to deal with anything else.
How is that possible if you have multiple input devices into your receiver? That was why I setup a single HTPC for my parents, as it does everything all from one input. No calling me trying to figure out how to change video and audio source from the TiVo to Xbox to PS4 to Wii and what turns on and off etc. PC is one box to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them.
3) I don't have to have additional hardware Ever to do anything on it...No mouse and keyboard, no additional remotes just 1 controller.
So, I don't get it, you have just a TV and a XBox... where does the sound come out? What about exclusive games, you say you have to have every exclusive game. That means you need a PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, and HTPC on your shelf too, otherwise there would be exclusive titles that you wouldn't have, which you say is unacceptable.
5) There are tons of games on the console platforms I own that I, my wife and my kids all enjoy that are not and never will be available on the PC, so why would I limit my options for no reason?
Because its redundant, and every exclusive title has an equivalent game for another platform. If you want to avoid missing ANY exclusive titles, you'd have to buy one of every platform, and you'd end up with a whole mess of redundant boxes and cables and confusion.
6) The console costs less and takes up far less space than any HTPC I ever built or even could still build.
PC hardware is cheaper today than it ever has been, and remember that consoles are just watered down non-upgradable computers with restricted operating systems.

AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $89.99 @ Amazon
ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $44.98 @ SuperBiiz
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $36.00 @ Newegg
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.98 @ OutletPC
PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card $99.99 @ Newegg
AZZA CSAZ-103 Black mini-ITX Case $30.00 @ Newegg
Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $26.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $381.93 (includes 3 games of your choice, combo on GPU)

R9 270 is capable of 1080p @ 60FPS on Ultra, PS4/XB1 only does 900p/720p @ 60FPS on Medium.

While granted it is SLIGHTLY larger (middle one is that case), you have to factor in the XBox One has an external power supply:
PC size: 13.5" x4.4" x17.3"
XBone size: 13.1" x3.1" x10.8"

35b39ff4-3caf-4797-aed7-398408c9646b.png

But you can certainly go smaller than an XBox One if you're really limited on space:
brix-in-hand.jpg

Brix Gaming PC; get it w/ a i5 quad or A8 eight-core CPU, and either a GTX 760 or
R9 M275X.

You really don't know how to setup a machine so that, once done, its a single button push? And you do realize that the XBone, PS4, and Wii U have limitations on what they can play from your media library. You also can't stream live-TV from them as far as I know, not without a lot of work. Are your kids able to figure out how to switch from watching TV to playing Halo? Which remote controls the volume and turns each device on and changes the input on your TV?

How is that possible if you have multiple input devices into your receiver? That was why I setup a single HTPC for my parents, as it does everything all from one input. No calling me trying to figure out how to change video and audio source from the TiVo to Xbox to PS4 to Wii and what turns on and off etc. PC is one box to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them.

So, I don't get it, you have just a TV and a XBox... where does the sound come out? What about exclusive games, you say you have to have every exclusive game. That means you need a PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, and HTPC on your shelf too, otherwise there would be exclusive titles that you wouldn't have, which you say is unacceptable.

Because its redundant, and every exclusive title has an equivalent game for another platform. If you want to avoid missing ANY exclusive titles, you'd have to buy one of every platform, and you'd end up with a whole mess of redundant boxes and cables and confusion.

PC hardware is cheaper today than it ever has been, and remember that consoles are just watered down non-upgradable computers with restricted operating systems.

AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $89.99 @ Amazon
ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $44.98 @ SuperBiiz
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $36.00 @ Newegg
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.98 @ OutletPC
PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card $99.99 @ Newegg
AZZA CSAZ-103 Black mini-ITX Case $30.00 @ Newegg
Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $26.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $381.93 (includes 3 games of your choice, combo on GPU)

R9 270 is capable of 1080p @ 60FPS on Ultra, PS4/XB1 only does 900p/720p @ 60FPS on Medium.

While granted it is SLIGHTLY larger (middle one is that case), you have to factor in the XBox One has an external power supply:
PC size: 13.5" x4.4" x17.3"
XBone size: 13.1" x3.1" x10.8"

35b39ff4-3caf-4797-aed7-398408c9646b.png

But you can certainly go smaller than an XBox One if you're really limited on space:
brix-in-hand.jpg

Brix Gaming PC; get it w/ a i5 quad or A8 eight-core CPU, and either a GTX 760 or
R9 M275X.

You, just..don't..get it.

Sorry but making thinly veiled insults at my ability to setup a machine doesn't strengthen your argument. It only makes you look like you don't have an argument to begin with. Being able to setup a machine and wanting to are two entirely different things. Like I said I have 3, not 1 but 3 Gaming rigs upstairs. I don't need a PC in every room in my house when other devices can do what I want.

Talking about the device itself, not switching between inputs. You are trying to sidetrack here to support your argument and sorry it isn't going to work. Lets focus on apples to apples here and talk about the individual device everything else excluded. A console is easier to operate than a PC out of the box, Period. This isn't a debatable point and trying to debate it just makes you look like a moron.

At no point did I say I had to have "Every exclusive". Again you are trying to interject an extremely misleading argument. Me saying there are console exclusives I want to play doesn't mean I buy everything that comes out. Nor is the argument that
Because its redundant, and every exclusive title has an equivalent game for another platform
even remotely true or accurate in any way. Exclusive titles are just that, Exclusive. That means you can only play them on that platform. So if I want to play Mario Kart with my kids, then I have to own a Nintendo platform. If I wanted to play another kart game, I would play the other kart game. Stop trying to intentionally sidetrack.

As for your PC build there, a couple very important points.

1) There are parts in there I wouldn't buy.
2) It has a bigger footprint than any of the mentioned consoles.
3) I note you purposefully left off the OS because that would instantly blow your budget even IF you went with the cheapest version home, which I haven't bought anything under PRO in well over a decade.
4) It Doesn't Play Console Exclusives.
5) It doesn't include a Blu-ray player which is one of the main things I use my consoles for, which would Also blow your budget.
6) You also managed to ignore factors such as Shipping cost and time and labor.

So really your entire attempt at a comparison is completely moot even if you ignore my complaints about size and part snobbery. Fact is, you cannot build a PC in the same price range, and that isn't even touching on the main point I've made in multiple threads where "The Average Joe" cannot be reasonably expected to do that.Your entire argument is based on false premises and highly misleading information. You at no point justify any bit of your argument by showing where a PC can do everything a Console can do easier and cheaper. Hell even Ignoring the easier and cheaper bit, just the fact that there are games that people like that will be Exclusive to a console eliminates your argument.

Bro, I am literally responding to your own arguments, heh!
Sorry but making thinly veiled insults at my ability to setup a machine doesn't strengthen your argument.
I didn't claim you were, you did, so I just asked if the "retard proof" argument was really a great one to stick with.
Talking about the device itself, not switching between inputs. You are trying to sidetrack here to support your argument and sorry it isn't going to work.[/quote
You said you wanted just ONE device to control everything, but if you have a Xbox 360, XBox One, PS4, and Wii (remember you don't want to miss any exclusive titles), along with a cable box for TV, and audio receiver then you have a TON of remote controls and control devices for each proprietary device. With a PC that you use for watching TV, recording shows, movies, gaming, browsing the web (as I'm doing right now on the 100" btw), you have way less controls. My Gyration airmouse/remote turns on the TV, receiver, computer, projector, lowers the screen, and works as the mouse and channel changer etc. Logitech keyboard (which has a touchpad if desired) lets me type much faster than a Xbox controller. Remember this was YOUR argument, I'm just responding to it that its wrong.
Me saying there are console exclusives I want to play doesn't mean I buy everything that comes out. Nor is the argument that even remotely true or accurate in any way.
My point was simple. There are more exclusive titles for PC than any individual console, and any exclusive game generally has something similar for the other platform. If your argument is that you can't live without exclusives (each platform has them), you will have a whole clusterfuck of redundant gaming devices INCLUDING a PC.

Buying a crapload of redundant hardware is whats inherently wrong with consoles, and why they shouldn't be supported. Want to play online with your friends? Oh, dang, 1/5 have PS3s, 1/5 have PS4s, 1/5 have 360s, 1/5 have Bones, and another 1/5 Wii Us... with PC it doesn't matter what brand computer you have, you can all play together, and you don't have to pay money to play online. :)

PS: IMO optical media is on the way out, and just put an optical drive on your home server, along with your hard drives. I have a bluray on mine, so if I needed to I'd pop it on the server and it can stream to any system in the house. Its almost 2015, yo.

Bro, I am literally responding to your own arguments, heh!

I didn't claim you were, you did, so I just asked if the "retard proof" argument was really a great one to stick with.
Talking about the device itself, not switching between inputs. You are trying to sidetrack here to support your argument and sorry it isn't going to work.[/quote
You said you wanted just ONE device to control everything, but if you have a Xbox 360, XBox One, PS4, and Wii (remember you don't want to miss any exclusive titles), along with a cable box for TV, and audio receiver then you have a TON of remote controls and control devices for each proprietary device. With a PC that you use for watching TV, recording shows, movies, gaming, browsing the web (as I'm doing right now on the 100" btw), you have way less controls. My Gyration airmouse/remote turns on the TV, receiver, computer, projector, lowers the screen, and works as the mouse and channel changer etc. Logitech keyboard (which has a touchpad if desired) lets me type much faster than a Xbox controller. Remember this was YOUR argument, I'm just responding to it that its wrong.

My point was simple. There are more exclusive titles for PC than any individual console, and any exclusive game generally has something similar for the other platform. If your argument is that you can't live without exclusives (each platform has them), you will have a whole clusterfuck of redundant gaming devices INCLUDING a PC.

Buying a crapload of redundant hardware is whats inherently wrong with consoles, and why they shouldn't be supported. Want to play online with your friends? Oh, dang, 1/5 have PS3s, 1/5 have PS4s, 1/5 have 360s, 1/5 have Bones, and another 1/5 Wii Us... with PC it doesn't matter what brand computer you have, you can all play together, and you don't have to pay money to play online. :)

PS: IMO optical media is on the way out, and just put an optical drive on your home server, along with your hard drives. I have a bluray on mine, so if I needed to I'd pop it on the server and it can stream to any system in the house. Its almost 2015, yo.

You aren't responding, you are twisting. There is a big difference.

1) At no point did I say I wanted One device to control everything.
2) Once again at no point did I say I didn't want to miss any exclusive titles. I said There are Certain console only Exclusives that I and my family enjoy playing. As such that alone justifies owning a console.
3) You assume incorrectly that I am limited to one room and all my devices are connected to one TV. Since you want to continue making wild assumptions I will spell out my existing setup.
  • In my bedroom I have a TV and a PS3. The PS3 streams Amazon, Netflix and any media I want off My PC as well as blu-ray. This TV is not connected to any cable box.
  • In my Common area I have 1 TV with a PS3-Nintendo Wii. This is the area that gets used when my kids have friends over or they are playing their games or we are playing together as a family as it is the biggest room.
  • I have my Home theater type room. This has a PS4, TV, DVR, Audio etc. Pretty far from cluttered. I don't have a Xb1 yet, I said it is on my list to get this holiday season. It would replace one of the PS3's. Obviously All the PS3's/PS4 can and do stream netflix, amazon, media off my PC etc etc as I have wired my entire house with Cat6. There is literally nothing I do that requires anything more powerful than what I have.
4) Someone has clearly never heard of a logitech harmony...I have 2 remotes in my room. The harmony for everything and the Controller for the PS4. Far from the mess you seem to be envisioning. As for your comments on your logitech keyboard, I'm glad I don't have to type anything in those rooms. I went out of my way to eliminate a need for a keyboard in those rooms for a very good reason. Typing from my recliner isn't exactly something I'm fond of. I rather prefer having my 1 remote 1 controller to the mess you have.
5) Now we get to the crux of your problem, you don't like having to choose. It isn't about your PC being better, it is about the fact that you feel excluded. You shouldn't, it doesn't matter. There is as I said, No logical Argument that defends a solo choice as the right choice. Everyone has different needs/wants. Just because you don't find value in a console doesn't make them trash and for that matter they don't ruin your gaming experience. As to the argument of shitty ports, that is a Developer problem not a hardware problem. Blame shitty developers for screwing over their customers because they are cheap.
6) You used that similar game title argument, once again you just miss the point. It is starting to feel like you are just ignoring it on purpose because you don't have a logical retort to it.

Not going to get into an optical media argument as it is just silly. There hasn't been a shred of proof that Digital is going to replace physical media anytime in the near future. Anyone who believes otherwise either has a shit TV, or low standards because you Absolutely CANNOT stream anything near blu-ray quality and won't be able to for a very long time. I would dare say that until the ISP problem we have in the US is fixed then you Never will be able to due to data caps and other bullshit.

All this quote humping is giving my scrollwheel some business.

Not going to get into an optical media argument as it is just silly. There hasn't been a shred of proof that Digital is going to replace physical media anytime in the near future. Anyone who believes otherwise either has a shit TV, or low standards because you Absolutely CANNOT stream anything near blu-ray quality and won't be able to for a very long time. I would dare say that until the ISP problem we have in the US is fixed then you Never will be able to due to data caps and other bullshit.
Not going to rehash the rest, as its circular, but you seem to have missed my comment about having a single bluray drive on a home server. Redundancy is dumb.

The main reason I don't like optical media, is you have to store it somewhere like a closet, search for the movie you want manually, take it out of the protective case, insert it into the player, take whats likely already in the player out, find its box, put it all back... what a hassle!

Imagine if you had to do that every time you wanted to play a game... oh wait, that's how consoles works, lmao! :D

Not going to rehash the rest, as its circular, but you seem to have missed my comment about having a single bluray drive on a home server. Redundancy is dumb.

The main reason I don't like optical media, is you have to store it somewhere like a closet, search for the movie you want manually, take it out of the protective case, insert it into the player, take whats likely already in the player out, find its box, put it all back... what a hassle!

Imagine if you had to do that every time you wanted to play a game... oh wait, that's how consoles works, lmao! :D

It's only "circular" because you don't have a logical argument to refute what I said.

You like to exaggerate dont you? I suppose if you live in a small single story or apartment the single drive works. However when your server is down a flight or two of stairs it makes far less sense. So no, redundancy isn't dumb. You sound like one of those late night infomercials that try to make simple tasks seem fart more complex and time consuming than they really are in order to sell something.

It's only "circular" because you don't have a logical argument to refute what I said.

You like to exaggerate dont you? I suppose if you live in a small single story or apartment the single drive works. However when your server is down a flight or two of stairs it makes far less sense. So no, redundancy isn't dumb. You sound like one of those late night infomercials that try to make simple tasks seem fart more complex and time consuming than they really are in order to sell something.

Yeah, I know, he is basically sticking his fingers in his ears and saying, "la la la la la la, I can't hear you." :D I actually enjoy being able to use the Xbox one, 360, Original, little Kabini 5350 HTPC I built and gaming / everything PC that I have. According to his line of thinking, if he even has a smart phone, the thing sucks because it cannot do what his PC can do. :D ;)

I am one person so I have no real point in building multiple gaming PC's in the place I live. I do have a machine I built for work and that is excellent to me. Being able to work at the things I love, which is computers, is fantastic. But, I am not going to limit myself when there are so many options that I can use.

According to his line of thinking, if he even has a smart phone, the thing sucks because it cannot do what his PC can do. :D ;)
Straw-man argument again, or would you care to explain to us how a smartphone and a HTPC are redundant devices?

I've explained why having a XBox 360, XBone, PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, HTPC, and cable-box on your home theater shelf gives you a crapton of redundant devices with redundant controllers, and how the HTPC can for all intents and purposes do everything so you only need in most cases a HTPC, a receiver box for amping your speakers, and a TV.

When you buy lots and lots of redundant devices, you start spending a fortune, and that's money that could be better spent elsewhere. Its like having seven different crappy scooters (that run on proprietary more expensive fuel and only people that own that particular make will ride with you), instead of one really nice all-purpose motorcycle like a Triumph Tiger Explorer XC. :D

You like to exaggerate dont you? I suppose if you live in a small single story or apartment the single drive works. However when your server is down a flight or two of stairs it makes far less sense. So no, redundancy isn't dumb.
No offense, but its like you're stuck in 1996. This is my connection to the upstairs router right now (granted its almost straight overhead):
15617199309_c0e8ab0af0.jpg

Wireless AC routers for the win. Now, granted, if you buy a crappy console you're stuck with last generation Wireless-N, but for $28.99 on Amazon you can buy a Edimax AC-1200 receiver like I'm using on this computer.

There's no problem streaming on your network. :)

Straw-man argument again, or would you care to explain to us how a smartphone and a HTPC are redundant devices?

I've explained why having a XBox 360, XBone, PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, HTPC, and cable-box on your home theater shelf gives you a crapton of redundant devices with redundant controllers, and how the HTPC can for all intents and purposes do everything so you only need in most cases a HTPC, a receiver box for amping your speakers, and a TV.

When you buy lots and lots of redundant devices, you start spending a fortune, and that's money that could be better spent elsewhere. Its like having seven different crappy scooters (that run on proprietary more expensive fuel and only people that own that particular make will ride with you), instead of one really nice all-purpose motorcycle like a Triumph Tiger Explorer XC. :D

Except we have explained "repeatedly" how a PC of any type Cannot do everything and yet you continue to gloss over this fact. I swear I'm starting to feel like I'm arguing with a creationist.

No offense, but its like you're stuck in 1996. This is my connection to the upstairs router right now (granted its almost straight overhead):
15617199309_c0e8ab0af0.jpg

Wireless AC routers for the win. Now, granted, if you buy a crappy console you're stuck with last generation Wireless-N, but for $28.99 on Amazon you can buy a Edimax AC-1200 receiver like I'm using on this computer.

There's no problem streaming on your network. :)

So I assume this little jab is derived from my comment of having a wired network in my house...Because Wireless is obviously so much more reliable that I have to be stuck in the past..right? :rolleyes: Given I am a network engineer with the Cisco Wireless certifications, I'll stick to my wired + wireless network that isn't there just because I have a console. I'll continue doing things on it that you flatly can't do on wireless at this point, while still having access to wireless for my wireless devices. though I do find it amusing you try to flaunt having a wireless PC as some sort of badge of honor when any gamer knows that wireless including AC is shit for latency when it comes to games that require faster reflexes than a sloth.

Crapton of redundant devices? Not even close. Each device does it own thing and I receive enjoyment out of each device what it is. However, you keep claiming that the PC is superior in every way and you could not see any reason for YOU to have a console. Good for you but that is just your opinion, not fact at all.

For 2 years, I had my PC hooked up to my TV and nothing else. Guess what, it was not superior in any way to a console for the purposes I was using it for. Wait, why I am trying to convince you when you have your fingers in your ears doing the la la la song? Never mind, carry on with your lack of understanding, I will not be reading your responses anymore.

If you clicked on this thread thinking it was about the price cut, sorry.

On the topic, after getting this, I now want to pick up the Kinect. I understand it is really good for Skype, the auto focus feature would be awesome for my kids.

So I assume this little jab is derived from my comment of having a wired network in my house...Because Wireless is obviously so much more reliable that I have to be stuck in the past..right? :rolleyes: Given I am a network engineer with the Cisco Wireless certifications, I'll stick to my wired + wireless network that isn't there just because I have a console.
What? Its in response to what I actually quoted from you... Since you mentioned that streaming bluray isn't possible because of network speeds, and having a single bluray player in the home serving other devices isn't possible if you have a multi-story home, I assumed you were referring to network issues. Clearly, there is no network limitation streaming bluray within even a multi-story home over wireless. If you're simply referring to the inconvenience of walking in your home, that is true, but as mentioned that's why digital is the way to go IMO. Not mad at you, just feel sorry for you is all, but in any case all the information is there now so I'm out. ;)

What? Its in response to what I actually quoted from you... Since you mentioned that streaming bluray isn't possible because of network speeds, and having a single bluray player in the home serving other devices isn't possible if you have a multi-story home, I assumed you were referring to network issues. Clearly, there is no network limitation streaming bluray within even a multi-story home over wireless. If you're simply referring to the inconvenience of walking in your home, that is true, but as mentioned that's why digital is the way to go IMO. Not mad at you, just feel sorry for you is all, but in any case all the information is there now so I'm out. ;)

Ok so apparently we were on two different things there. I referred to blu-ray quality in regards to streaming services like Netflix/Prime etc. Streaming over the network as you are talking and as I have done doesn't eliminate physical media. Apparently you missed the part where I mentioned ISP's in the US, which was sort of the clue that I was referring to WAN not Lan. Obviously streaming blu-ray internally isn't an issue.

Crapton of redundant devices? Not even close. Each device does it own thing and I receive enjoyment out of each device what it is. However, you keep claiming that the PC is superior in every way and you could not see any reason for YOU to have a console. Good for you but that is just your opinion, not fact at all.

I have a HTPC. It does a lot, and yes, it can be redundant. It will play a lot of the consoles I already have. But, I still love playing the consoles. Why can't people play both? Or one or the other? Which one is best? Which ever one works for you. Which is best? Apple iOS or Android? Which ever one works for you.

The PC masterrace BS is getting out of control. Use and play what you like. Technically, most modern PC's are superior in specs to the XBox or the PS4. But, as it always has been - it's not about the specs. It's about the games and the experience. I'm having fun, so whatever platform I'm using at the time - it's the best.

Most people don't have the money to buy EVERY device and most people don't choose that way. The majority of consumers once they buy a single console will stick it out, they will not add an HTPC, they will not buy the other console etc... And they will opt to buy a shitty computer which can hardly do anything then use that as evidence computers cannot game.

And just as equally once people are in that ecosystem they will sort of be locked in it. In the end they will purchase games for more money or miss out on great games because they bought a PS4. That is why people get so into this argument.

After that the consumer psychology will set in and people will begin to defend the decision at any cost.

IMO we all as a whole lose when we choose consoles, because we further push the agenda of the console maker, reward companies for only developing for the console or splitting up their resources and producing garbage on all devices or some. We also reward companies for making up total fud and lying about the importance of performance. How many times are we going to hear morons who defend the xbone say that the difference in resolution and fps doesn't matter? You never hear any PC gamers trying to argue that garbage do you. Instead they are more honest, I cant afford a better video card and then whine about that.

Fact is the competition and advancement in PC gaming is better for all of us. And if PC gaming had won out over consoles almost all the negatives of PC gaming would have been solved 5 or so years ago. I will not be dishonest there are a couple areas where consoles have gaming PCs beat, mainly in ease of use. Controllers are just plug and play on consoles and there is a way to navigate everything on a console with the controller, not always true on the PC. And of course all games will work with a controller on a console without any configuration. Not the case on a PC. Also blu ray playback can be expensive on a PC if done right, and tricky / inconsistent on a PC if you try to do it on the cheap. But the messed up thing is most console advocates don't even make that the big deal, they try to argue the console optimization can make it equal the PC, etc... Most other issues on the console are like public transportation it works alright if it goes to your location but if not you are just out of luck. This is why PC gamers get so fired up about console crap because its full of lies and it negatively affects the gaming ecosystem as a whole in huge ways.

Name a single reason I have "ignored". There is a big difference between "refuted" or "dismissed" and ignored. I responded to every false claim. For example, if someone says you need F-350s because they can travel on highways and are more fuel efficient, its not "ignoring" them to say that's wrong! :D

You repeated windows/driver updates twice, you do realize that both can be automated right (its called Geforce Experience, automatically updates your video drivers), and that consoles also require software updates?
90e0b233-0d9a-4255-848a-30ea94341d7d.png

As well as the free to play games like Mechwarrior Online, I think you need to visit Steam bro. I paid $30 for Titanfall at release and $37 for Beyond Earth just recently. I usually wait for Steam sales though, and OMG can you load up! I still have a backlog, ugh! :)

Its my living room... well "Great Room" is what they call it, since the kitchen, kitchen table, "living room area" and "dining/entertainment" area are all one big open layout. I have a 55" LED TV, and a 100" Elite Screens electric projector screen that lowers on top of it. $170 for screen and Optoma HD131Xe for $560... gotta love not having to buy several consoles and expensive games and subscriptions! Spend that money elsewhere! :D

I suppose if we're sinking to the level of grandma's like in your example sure, but you're not arguing you're an idiot though, no? Just trying to help you out bro and join the PC religion! :)

Perhaps if you'd like to read this holy-book, you too can wash yourself of peasant grime:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

310.gif

Yes consoles needs updates but as I said it is an automatic process out of the box. You go to do something and it tells you to press a button to start. you press said button and it runs. On a pc, in some cases if you know what you are doing you can go through and setup some things to be automatic, but that isn't how they come out of the box. Dell doesn't normally have all of that turn on out of the box. Again I am talking about my answers from the standpoint of the 80 million people out there that buy consoles and don't know anything about pcs outside of maybe at best how to turn on one and get on facebook or google. The type of people that google facebook.com as they don't know that you can type into the address bar.

They have free to play games on consoles just as well, also have sells on games. I could have got a digital copy of the new Thief game for $35 at release on the Xbox One. Titan Fall was something like $10 a few weeks ago in the Xbox Live Store. Xbox Live and the PlayStation Store have sales like steam all the time also. Every week there are games 50% - 75% off. So again price isn't greatly different all the time between different platforms.

Not everyone is going to be able to install a projector. Although on the flip side of that the by the time the average person buys a gaming pc it would be cheaper for them to buy a projector and console. Because again average person can't build their own pc so that means they are buying one prebuilt which would be something like an alienware or something like that. So what we can build for $500 they are buying for $1500.

My comments were never aimed at myself because I as stated many times over I game with both consoles and my pc. All are connected to my tv. However I am not the average person. The average person that has reasons to game with the console and still gets many benefits with the console are the average person. I game on all platforms and buy all platforms for a very simple reason, I enjoy playing games. Some of these games are only on the console, some the pc. Some people that I play with are none techy people and only have consoles so I play with them there. Others are pc only and I play with them there.

If you clicked on this thread thinking it was about the price cut, sorry.

On the topic, after getting this, I now want to pick up the Kinect. I understand it is really good for Skype, the auto focus feature would be awesome for my kids.

yeah, unfortunately some people can't accept that some people might want different devices to do different things. Or are happy with using different brands to do different things. I personally like the Kinect and the ability it gives.

I have a HTPC. It does a lot, and yes, it can be redundant. It will play a lot of the consoles I already have. But, I still love playing the consoles. Why can't people play both? Or one or the other? Which one is best? Which ever one works for you. Which is best? Apple iOS or Android? Which ever one works for you.

The PC masterrace BS is getting out of control. Use and play what you like. Technically, most modern PC's are superior in specs to the XBox or the PS4. But, as it always has been - it's not about the specs. It's about the games and the experience. I'm having fun, so whatever platform I'm using at the time - it's the best.

I fully agree

Back