XBOX One sales 18 Million

HardUp4HardWare

Supreme [H]ardness
I can't resist posting this.
So today there is an article about XB1 sales. Seems some guy slipped up and spilled the beans, revealing that there are 18 Million XB1 users. That is about half the amount of PS4 users.

Have we just found out how bad Xbox One sales are?

Then I see this article claiming 46 Million XBLive users....Hmmm, do the math and we see that perhaps 28 Million of the XBLive accounts are being used on XB360.

Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Xbox Live Hits 46 Million Monthly Active Users

I think now, we see the reason why MS put an end to 360 sales. They want XB360 owners to upgrade so bad.

They didn't put an end to sales of the Xbox 360; they just stopped producing them. Retailers will have stock of new consoles on hand for some time, yet.

IRT Xbox ONE sales: last number we got close to was 19 million at the end of calendar year 2015. In the same Ars article it was quoted that there are 48 million active XBL users for the same ending period. I would hardly believe that there have been zero sales between December 31 and now.
EA lets slip lifetime Xbox One and PS4 consoles sales

IRT Xbox Live users versus console sales: multiple users can use the same console. Think about families or cohabitation arrangements. There are going to be people who create multiple accounts for themselves, as well. If there are just 2 users for every Xbox ONE in the wild then that would make for 38 million users. When I was going to college I had 3 accounts for myself on my Xbox 360 while my roommate had 4.

If Deep Down doesn't come out for the PS4 I want to sell the thing.......
I don't even know if I will take a chance with Destiny 2...

You know what I'm going to call up Gamestop right now and ask how much Trade in credit I will get. Get some Steam Cards instead.

You know what I'm going to call up Gamestop right now and ask how much Trade in credit I will get. Get some Steam Cards instead.
Why not just sell on ebay or craigslist and get way more than Gamestop will give you? See what gamestop sells them for, then take off $20-30 and you should be good.

Gamestop is only going to give you $100-$150 for a PS4. You could get at least $100 more if you sell it yourself.

Yeah, Microsoft BIFFED the Xbone quite spectacularly. They had WAY too much confidence going in, thinking that one generation of success is all it takes for brand loyalty.

"Hey, we were the dominant console last round, that means we can FINALLY force everyone onto a digital-only console with always-online DRM! The golden age is before us!"

Then this happened.

Who cares? The PS4 may be more advanced and powerful but you can't tell the difference during active gameplay. I still game on both but as always multi-player games are done via the X1 and single player games generally get the PS4 treatment.

Play which one you enjoy and don't worry about how many units the other team has sold. It wouldn't matter one iota to me if the PS4 sold 100 million units and the X1 sold 5 million. The X1 is still a great gaming experience and will continue to be until they abandon or move on to another console.

Who cares? The PS4 may be more advanced and powerful but you can't tell the difference during active gameplay. I still game on both but as always multi-player games are done via the X1 and single player games generally get the PS4 treatment.

Play which one you enjoy and don't worry about how many units the other team has sold. It wouldn't matter one iota to me if the PS4 sold 100 million units and the X1 sold 5 million. The X1 is still a great gaming experience and will continue to be until they abandon or move on to another console.

Well if the disparity was that bad I doubt third parties would even bother so most people would care or you'd have a Wii U on your hands without the exclusives.

While I enjoy my xbone, (where most of my friends, games, and family are) makes me wonder how the "upgraded NEO" playstation will hurt xbox.

Back