Xbox One Problems Fixed With Brute Force

well that seems to confirm suspicion that it was shipping-package mishandling that caused this then :D

Same thing I do with LG drives in Computer give it a good whack and it works.!!

"American technology Russia Technology all made in China. This is how we fix things in russia space agency wham wham wham now I can go home!"

all those jokes about just bang on the product to get it to work... and here we are in 2013 and it actually works!!

so funny! :)

Still seems they need to replace their oem or have them fix that possibility.

"American technology Russia Technology all made in China. This is how we fix things in russia space agency wham wham wham now I can go home!"

"American technology Russia Technology all made in Tawain!! This is how we fix things in russia space agency wham wham wham now I can go home!"

Fixed

Reminds me of the old Apple III fix process of lift 3 inches and drop while level to reseat chips after they came loose from thermal cycling...

Sony Trinitron TVs of old :D A combination of a few whacks to the side of the head and the thing would work again.

"American technology Russia Technology all made in Tawain!! This is how we fix things in russia space agency wham wham wham now I can go home!"

Fixed

Taiwan

Fixed a trois ;)

So did this guy just set up about to make this video not knowing if it would work and sure enough it did? If you whack it on the other side will it slip out the gear again?

Ah yes this brings back so many memories of beating the crap out of my Nintendo. Nice to see that this method is till relevant today as it was back then.

Next Xbox news, someone over did it and now have lots of little Xbox pieces.

Next Xbox news, someone over did it and now have lots of little Xbox pieces.

How many people are gonna beat the xb1 while powered on and break the hard drive, scary!

What a ugly OS.....oh wait, looks like Win8 puke start screen that I had to manually cut off.

As in, people perpetually beat harder and harder expecting the solution to come, and then, broken...

That would be hilarious

This actually worked on an old computer of mine to fix a noisy DVD-RAM drive. >_>

Fast forward 5-ish years and we're still whacking things to make them work again. LOL! :D

GG UPS. I've heard from employees that if something is labeled "Fragile" they toss it as hard as they can...

I had a friend with a printer that had a similar issue. We took it all apart and eventually found a gear that wasn't engaging properly and fixed the issue.

When my grandma coincidentally got the same printer and it had the same problem, I went to her house, remembered where the gear was, and smacked the printer really hard with my fist in that spot without removing a single screw. Solved!

I like the way it started as a drop test and then evolved into beating on the system.

Fixed

I know it was tawain in movie but now adays its all made in china!

Still scooping my jaw up off the floor.

Anyone have a link to the scene where Chewbacca hits the Falcon and it starts working? Because this... is like that.

There is no problem that violence can't fix. Broken down cars, electronics, taxes, pregnancies...violence fixes them all!

I wonder if the government will do another study based on this about that shows video games do cause violent behavior?

Did anybody else notice how long it took the xb1 to boot to the GUI ? Seemed like an eternity. I counted about a full minute.

I can cold boot my pc and start playing BF4 before the xb1 boots..

Reminds me of my first CRT monitor. Whenever the screen starts jumping, we had to hit it a few times to fix it, lol.

How many people are gonna beat the xb1 while powered on and break the hard drive, scary!

What a ugly OS.....oh wait, looks like Win8 puke start screen that I had to manually cut off.

I think the interface on a console actually works quite well. Not to mention you can navigate just about anywhere using just voice commands. I still think it isn't meant for a desktop computer.

I had a monitor that would occasionally flicker, a tap on the side stopped it.
It got worse over the next year, requiring a good slap and when my hand hurt it was time for a shoe.
It didnt like that for very long.

Did anybody else notice how long it took the xb1 to boot to the GUI ? Seemed like an eternity. I counted about a full minute.
There is an "instant-on" setting which basically has the xbox in sleep mode when not in use. It should only take a few seconds. A cold bootup takes about a minute.

B/c I can't resist

halt_hammerzeit_by_kingk1132-d47qgea.jpg

Sony Trinitron TVs of old :D A combination of a few whacks to the side of the head and the thing would work again.

I had a KV32-XBR/50 that while was an awesome TV (for it's time), it was cold solder joint hell. I can't even remember how many times I had to re-flow solder in that thing.

My Xbox 360 drive is stuck and a nice slap to the side makes it open.

Back