Xbox One may update

Yeah someone leaked external hd support coming soon possibly for the June one. This May update fixed all the issues I had with my cable box not starting up at boot, unfortunately it also starts without sound so I have to turn off and on the box again...lol hopefully June fixes that. Another thing that I hope June fixes is kinect login. My cousin and I look sort of similar and the kinect always logs one of us out when we play next to each other so we have to sit like 9 feet away from each other even after using that "I wasn't recognized" feature. If the manual login stays logged in that would make it so much better.

Yeah someone leaked external hd support coming soon possibly for the June one. This May update fixed all the issues I had with my cable box not starting up at boot, unfortunately it also starts without sound so I have to turn off and on the box again...lol hopefully June fixes that. Another thing that I hope June fixes is kinect login. My cousin and I look sort of similar and the kinect always logs one of us out when we play next to each other so we have to sit like 9 feet away from each other even after using that "I wasn't recognized" feature. If the manual login stays logged in that would make it so much better.

That cable box thing seems really sporadic for people I run my media center pc with tuners using windows media center on a AMD apu setup and its been perfect.

I'm expecting the external drive support in the next beta and then released on or around E3

Try retuning the Kinect its been suggested and seems to work well after system updates if your having issues. I would believe that manual or auto login option is coming with the removal of Kinect in June.

I stopped using my Xbox One as a cable tuner , its awful. It lags constantly , HDMI black outs constantly and sluggish navigation.

I'm very unimpressed with how they've largely ignored these issues outside of fixing the 50Hz PAL requirement.

I stopped using my Xbox One as a cable tuner , its awful. It lags constantly , HDMI black outs constantly and sluggish navigation.

I'm very unimpressed with how they've largely ignored these issues outside of fixing the 50Hz PAL requirement.

I still think most of the blame is on the handshaking of shitty cable boxes. Ive run my 360 ps3 ps4 and now the final setup my media center and they all worked perfect granted the console games had a touch of lag media content thru all those devices works perfect.

I stand behind my opinion its crappy cable boxes to blame.

Looks like the cable box surround sound is out of beta although I never really had any issues with it in the first place.

Voice control has been improved a lot it seems. I like how when you say, "Xbox, pause", it pauses Netflix and then the voice control icon goes away quickly.

This is so stupid. For $450 you can get the kinect with titanfall.

Edit: Wrong thread.

Last edited:
Thanks. Does this mean that USB 2.0 external drives will not work? I am asking because I have a desktop 1TB drive is a USB 2 dock that I was going to test with. (I do not want to run out and buy a drive just because for now.)

Needs to be USB 3 every port on Xbox one is USB 3 and they are needing USB 3 sustained speed for the proper experience USB 2 is too slow

"USB 2 had a maximum speed of 480 Mbps, which was great at that time but now it might not be enough because we now have USB thumb drives that are 64 GB in size, cell phone and PDAs that have a lot of internal storage built in, and even at 480 Mbps a full transfer of data in between devices can take a long time. In comparison to this, USB 3.0 boasts a maximum transfer speed of 4.8 Gbps yes, 4.8 Giga bits per second, almost 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Even with realistic numbers you can transfer data between your computer to a 64 Gigabyte thumb drive to full capacity in under 20 minutes!"

Needs to be USB 3 every port on Xbox one is USB 3 and they are needing USB 3 sustained speed for the proper experience USB 2 is too slow

"USB 2 had a maximum speed of 480 Mbps, which was great at that time but now it might not be enough because we now have USB thumb drives that are 64 GB in size, cell phone and PDAs that have a lot of internal storage built in, and even at 480 Mbps a full transfer of data in between devices can take a long time. In comparison to this, USB 3.0 boasts a maximum transfer speed of 4.8 Gbps yes, 4.8 Giga bits per second, almost 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Even with realistic numbers you can transfer data between your computer to a 64 Gigabyte thumb drive to full capacity in under 20 minutes!"

Thanks. I just picked up a 1TB Seagate Slim drive then at Best Buy for $59.99 plus tax. I figure that we be plenty because I do not purchase games all that often. Also, I have a NAS that is Gigabit so maybe, eventually, I will be able to access that for playing ripped DVD's and Blurays that I own.

I could have gotten a 2TB slim for $79.99 on Amazon but with taxes and shipping, it would have been closer to $95. That and as far as hard drives go, I prefer to buy them locally so if anything goes wrong initially, I can get it taken care of quickly.

Well Microsoft has one upped Sony on this big time. Sony hasn't even committed to offering support for external storage period. Having to deal with upgrading the PS4 hard drive with a very limited range of 2.5 laptop drivers versus any USB 3.0 external hard drive? Yea , Xbox wins this.. unless Sony announces support which they would be brainless not to.

Back