XBOX mod chip

GodMode

Limp Gawd
Ok.. i know it is illega .. so lets just pretend that im just curious

What is the best xbox mod chip that you can buy.

It needs to have a on/off switch and i am looking for one that does not need to be soldered.

Does anyone have any knowledge of one or am i in the wrong place.

ya xbox-scene.com is great and Xecuter Lite+ 2.3 is best mod chip imho

-merc

A. it's not illegal if you are running a legal cromwell linux bios.

B. stay away from the matrix (or the xodus line of chips for that matter)

C. Look into TSOP flashing, check in the modchip installers most people will do it for 20 dollars with a switch. TSOP flashing refers to flashing hte onboard xbox bios (you can keep the original on there for live if you want as well)

personally i'm waiting till the 15th (i think) when the xbit starts shipping again. its solderless, and i think the main selling point is i can just plug in via usb.

Originally posted by Dracul
personally i'm waiting till the 15th (i think) when the xbit starts shipping again. its solderless, and i think the main selling point is i can just plug in via usb.

xbox has usb ?? i dont think so.. that is PS2

It's true that the Xbox controllers are just USB, but I think there's some confusion. The Xbit doesn't plug into USB. It's installed just like any other chip. It's just reprogrammable over USB rather than LPT like most others with external reprogrammability.

Originally posted by Acceptable_Risk
It's just reprogrammable over USB rather than LPT like most others with external reprogrammability.

that's what i meant, i guess i didn't make it clear..

is it easy to install these modchips anyways? i am thinking about getting into them

-warsaw

errr... I always wondered if it was possible to buy an adaptor for the xbox controller to be able to use as a usb controller for the computer.. (I think the xbox controllers rock).... since the controller comes with a safety purpose detachable cable I was wondering if there is such a thing outhere as a small cable that would replace that part so you can just us it for your computer.. that would rock...

Originally posted by memorie_and_data
errr... I always wondered if it was possible to buy an adaptor for the xbox controller to be able to use as a usb controller for the computer.. (I think the xbox controllers rock).... since the controller comes with a safety purpose detachable cable I was wondering if there is such a thing outhere as a small cable that would replace that part so you can just us it for your computer.. that would rock...

http://www.electricquarter.com/xboxcont.htm

Action Replay and 007haxed game save is all I needed.

One tip if you are going to put a mod chip in your Xbox.

If you are goint to or on on XBox Live make sure you put in an on/off switch for the mod chip. XBox Live will detect the mod chip and I don't know if they ban your account or just won't let you connect.

My friend has the matrix and I have the Xecutor Pro. Neither had to be soldered and mine has an on/off switch. Easy to install.

The chips themselves aren't illegal but using a hacked xbox bios is. That's why the chips won't ship with a bios on them. You need to locate one and flash it yourself.

Originally posted by warsawtag
is it easy to install these modchips anyways? i am thinking about getting into them

-warsaw
They make quite a few that just screw down. All it takes are a couple of Torx drivers. The ones you have to solder aren't hard to install either, though. There's one slightly tricky point but the others are big enough to park a bus on.

Originally posted by MadMaxx
One tip if you are going to put a mod chip in your Xbox.

If you are goint to or on on XBox Live make sure you put in an on/off switch for the mod chip. XBox Live will detect the mod chip and I don't know if they ban your account or just won't let you connect.

Good advice, but here's the reason why. If Xbox Live detects an illegal bios running, it will ban the xbox itself, not just your account.

If you really want to do it there are a few places that will sell you a premodded one or you can send them yours, they will also add a bigger harddrive and put all needed or requested software on it for you. Expensive, but worth it if you don't want to risk flubbin' it up yourself.

You'll have to google since links for that kind of stuff is not allowed.

Is installing a larger hard drive hard at all? I am thinking about adding a 120gb Maxtor to mine and buying an Xecuter modchip with it...

-warsaw

Is installing a larger hard drive hard at all? I am thinking about adding a 120gb Maxtor to mine and buying an Xecuter modchip with it...

-warsaw

It's just plug and play. We added a left over 100 gig that was lying around. BTW, I have the Xecutor. Great mod chip btw.

i think im gonna get into this mod chip stuff... it sounds pretty cool, by the way, when i get my xbox all modded up with led lights i will post pics

-warsaw

Originally posted by Harkamus
It's just plug and play. We added a left over 100 gig that was lying around. BTW, I have the Xecutor. Great mod chip btw.
It's not quite as simple as that. You have to set up the new disk. But that's pretty simple. There's an auto-installer for Evolution X that's floating about that makes the process pretty automatic.

Originally posted by Boardin087
how bout ps2 mod chips.......... anyone here anything
Well, for a full function one, they're way more of a bastard to install than the Xbox chips. The Xbox just has a big set of headers that scream "circumvent my software protection!!!" The PS2 is a slightly different matter. If you don't mind swapping discs all the time, there are some that are pretty easy to install, I understand. I dunno exactly; I haven't modded my PS2.

Originally posted by Acceptable_Risk
It's not quite as simple as that. You have to set up the new disk. But that's pretty simple. There's an auto-installer for Evolution X that's floating about that makes the process pretty automatic.

That is what we used. :D

did you guys use Slayer's auto installer from xbox-scene? also i want the hard drive , but i play a lot of xbox live... iwll this maybe get me banned with a different hd?

-warsaw

did you guys use Slayer's auto installer from xbox-scene? also i want the hard drive , but i play a lot of xbox live... iwll this maybe get me banned with a different hd?

-warsaw

If you have Xecutor, than there is a switch that turns off the modchip. This will enable you to play Xbox-live.

-warsaw
Slayer's Auto Installer ought to do the job for you. Also, search for a text document called Evolution X for Dummies. It covers pretty much all the angles. Once you put the new dive in and set it up, it won't just work on Live, though. What you gotta do is lock the new drive. There's an option in EvoX to do it. The standard Xbox BIOS/Dash won't boot unless the drive is locked.

ya i know about the locking drives and stuff... im probably going to get a maxtor since i heard they were the best for locking hard drives and whatnot

-warsaw

I have a 200 gig 5400 rpm (I think that's the RPM) Maxtor in mine, but I can't lock it up. I just put a 200 gig 8 meg cache Maxtor in a buddies Xbox and it locked fine. So it's not really a certain brand is more lockable than others.

i just ordered a western digital 120gb... on thing that sucks though, is that EVERY store that sells modchips are out of stock.

Originally posted by BrunoPuntzJones
What the hell is locking?
It's a little-used RAID standard. You can set a "key" on a drive that is unique to the machine. Once the key is there, the drive can't be written to or read from in any machine other than the one the key belongs to. In the Xbox, the stock dashboard won't boot unless it finds the key. It's a way to help verify that the hardware and software hasn't been altered.

Back