XBOX live worth it w/ original XBOX?

Yashu

[H]ard|Gawd
That is the question I am asking.

I "inherited" an original xbox recently. I picked up some great used games at the game store... I see that alot of games have xbox live content, and many of them look like alot of fun.

How many people using xbox live are on the original system? Is it easy to find full game servers with the older games? Would it be worth it to sign up now even after the release of the 360?

This is my first modern console system (last console was snes). I am impressed by it so far... the fact that I can mod it and run linux is really cool too, but that is besides the point.

Anyway, It's seems to be still a nice system. I want to try xbox live if it is going to still be worth it... since I see so many games that have live content... I feel like I am missing half the fun... but I don't really know.

I don't think it would be. The only time I used my Xbox live for my original Xbox was when I downloaded some new content for Ninja Gaiden and PGR2. Wasn't really worth the $50 for me, and I bought my Xbox later in the product life as well.

Now with my Xbox360, I couldn't dream of having it without the Xbox live. There's just so much more. If you have or are planning to get a 360, then you can use one Xbox live account for both and I would say get it. Otherwise, I'd hold off.

yeah. I would want to try it if there are still enough people out there using it. I mean, I see alot of games where multiplayer would be pretty cool. That is why I would get it... for multiplayer. If there are enough people on the servers, that is.

Might get a 360 though eventually... Are most original xbox games compatable with the 360? or is it hit or miss?

I know live is essential with the 360... but I just got this thing and wanted to mess with it a while before I get yet another thing... This xbox was essentially free, and older games and used games are pretty cheap... and if I was missing alot by not being on live, I wanted to try it.

If you're playing Halo 2 or DOA2: Ultimate, there's still a ton of players. Other than that, though, not much going on with original Xbox Live.

If you play Halo 2 its a must. I still use a regular Xbox over a 360 for Halo 2 because the porting SUCKS and it lags the game.

PWMK2 said:
If you're playing Halo 2 or DOA2: Ultimate, there's still a ton of players. Other than that, though, not much going on with original Xbox Live.
There are some other games like Forza, some of the Tom Clancy games but other than that, no one plays all the other Xbox games on Xbox Live.

I don't think getting it for the original Xbox is worth it.

i had it and thought it was worthwhile.

Mechwarrior and Crimson Skies are fun on live and still have a lot of players.

Back