Xbox live will not connect

Tac

Limp Gawd
So I'm trying to setup a live account. I went and tested the connection and it fails at the xbox live step. the IP, DNS, MTU and ICMP are all confirmed. I have tried recycling the power on my router I went to xbox support and tried the manual setup neither fixed it. anyone have this problem setting up an account? what did you do to get it working?

So I'm trying to setup a live account. I went and tested the connection and it fails at the xbox live step. the IP, DNS, MTU and ICMP are all confirmed. I have tried recycling the power on my router I went to xbox support and tried the manual setup neither fixed it. anyone have this problem setting up an account? what did you do to get it working?

Press the "More Info" button when you've got the failed Xbox Live step selected. What's the error code?

It has a blank box with the background and the option to press y - status codes or B back

if status codes are the error codes they are
W: 0000 - 000B
X: 0000 - F001
Y: 00C2 - 03E0
Z: 0000 - 0000

pretty sure that is a port issue. i dont know them but most xbox360 sites will have the ports you need to open on your router for xbox live to get through.

What router do you have? Do you have the latest firmware? Have you tried setting your router up so the 360 is in the DMZ?

Linksys wireless G cable gateway, I'm not sure of the model # I don't have the box with me atm. I haven't done any firmware upgrades to it . also I really don't know the difference between a router and a gateway. I look around and see if I just need to upgrade the firmware.

Linksys wireless G cable gateway, I'm not sure of the model # I don't have the box with me atm. I haven't done any firmware upgrades to it . also I really don't know the difference between a router and a gateway. I look around and see if I just need to upgrade the firmware.

Check the support page for your router. There may be a firmware update to alleviate your issue already, if theres not, more than likely there is an FAQ or support document for the Live service.

There should also, more than likely, be a setting inside the router config that auto configures the router for Live compatibility

Edit: Whats the model of the router...?

I have found that Xbox Live will fail like that when there is downloaded content thats not authorized for that account. I had a theme from another account that I tried to load on my main account and it caused XBL to fail to login.

An idea at least.....

Are you using AOL as your ISP?

No Cox is my ISP

Check the support page for your router. There may be a firmware update to alleviate your issue already, if theres not, more than likely there is an FAQ or support document for the Live service.

There should also, more than likely, be a setting inside the router config that auto configures the router for Live compatibility

Edit: Whats the model of the router...?

Model # is WCG200 version 2. I'll go and check to see if there are any firmware updates.

I have found that Xbox Live will fail like that when there is downloaded content thats not authorized for that account. I had a theme from another account that I tried to load on my main account and it caused XBL to fail to login.

An idea at least.....

I don't think that is the case here, my Xbox is new so i haven't been able to download any content onto it yet.

The only support document I could find on Linksys's worthless-ass 'ask Linksys' page was about explaining how to set up an Xbox on your router. It detailed how to set all the connections to 'automatic'

Wow. Thats great.

Is this the Router your cable company gave you? Heres a page about configuring the Comcast version.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Comcast/WCG200-CC/Xbox_Live_360.htm

Don't know if that would help or not. But the ports that need to be forwarded are here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

If you can find it...make sure UPnP is turned on in your router....the support list is pretty small IMO, I have used 5 or so routers not on the list very successfully :)

If you can find it...make sure UPnP is turned on in your router....the support list is pretty small IMO, I have used 5 or so routers not on the list very successfully :)

Yeah thats what I'm saying Grentz. Of course I have the DGL-4300 and never had to make adjustments to my router(open ports) for anything I ever played but that is outside the Xbox realm also.

Back