Xbox Live Update Available

HardOCP News

[H] News
Xbox 360 owners will be greeted with a dashboard update the next time they sign in to Xbox Live. The update, among other things, brings LIVE Messenger integration, updated achievements and a new Marketplace blade.

In addition to the LIVE Messenger integration feature in the new Dashboard, you’ll also see: New achievement pop-up with name and score value. New Marketplace blade places content all in one place. Friends playing now feature at Xbox LIVE Arcade. Console can be set to turn off after downloads to save energy.

Maybe I'm blind... but I can't find a full list of whats changing in this update. Anyone got any ideas?

Awesome! Just got it. Movies have so many new options. I also noticed quicktime movies now show up, but you can't play them, kind of strange.

I ran the updates right before leaving for work this morning. I saw that on my 360 that is using the VGA output, that there is now 3 options in the settings. Intermedia, Standard, and something else. Anyone see anything on what these do exactly? I tried them all out rather quickly and I can't honestly say if it looked better 100%, but initial reaction was positive.

Awesome! Just got it. Movies have so many new options. I also noticed quicktime movies now show up, but you can't play them, kind of strange.

It might be file association but QuickTime can play MP4s and with this new update so can the 360.

It might be file association but QuickTime can play MP4s and with this new update so can the 360.

Or this could explain it as well,

Added MPEG-4 Part 2 video support: Up to 5 Mbps peak, Simple Profile with 2 channel AAC LC.

I ran the updates right before leaving for work this morning. I saw that on my 360 that is using the VGA output, that there is now 3 options in the settings. Intermedia, Standard, and something else. Anyone see anything on what these do exactly? I tried them all out rather quickly and I can't honestly say if it looked better 100%, but initial reaction was positive.

Found article explaining the settings and what they do (and why it was needed in the first place)

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7216

yea the only thing i really asked for and wanted was the 16:10 addition. So did a ton of other folks at xbox forums. Thanks again Micro$haft :mad:

Yeah, the highest I can run the VGA adapter is 1280x788 because 1920x1080 won't work over VGA on my monitor for some reason, it tries to display it at 1280x1024. 1920x1200 works fine however.

yea, i sure was hopin for 1680x1050 res. I just wanna run at my LG's native res is all. Either they dont care, or theres more involved than i know of. <Shrug>

Back