Xbox Live arcade games on disc question

meatycheesyboy

Limp Gawd
Today, I purchased the recently released controller pack (Controller + 4 arcade games) and have a question about the games.

It comes with Lumines, Geometry Wars 2 and Bomberman on a disc and a code to download Ms Pac Man.

Seemingly you cannot install the games on the disc onto your hard drive, you have to have the disc to play them. One of the major advantages to Arcade games is that they're quick little games that are right there. I really doubt I'm going to insert a disc just to play Geometry Wars for 5 minutes.

Another problem comes from the fact that Bomberman recently underwent a major upgrade that requires you to re-download the entire game (not just an update) but because I am playing it off of a disc, Live has no record of me purchasing the game meaning I can't download the update.

Does anyone know if I am missing something obvious that'll allow me to play these games from my hard drive without a disc like a normal arcade game?

You cannot install Arcade games from the disc to your 360. The only way to play them is from the disc, unfortunately.

As for you're update issue, does it not prompt for an update when playing?

As for you're update issue, does it not prompt for an update when playing?

When you start the game, it tells you an update is available.

When you say yes to the update it tells you that the update requires you to redownload the entire game then it takes you to the page where you purchase the game. Normally, since you already paid the 800 points to buy the game you can just redownload it but since I have it on disc and never paid the 800, I can't download it without paying for something I already own.

If you say no to the update when you start the game, it just kicks you out back to the dashboard meaning, I can't play a game that I own.

Back