Xbox Division Head Phil Spencer Unsure If Scorpio Will Be Shown Before E3

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The 4K Xbox is supposedly shaping up swimmingly, yet the division head is not sure whether its grand demonstration will be during E3, or sooner. It wouldn’t be a surprise if they did show a bit of it early, with Sony’s upgraded console being out and all—the console is launching as soon as this holiday.

During a long Twitter spree…Microsoft’s Xbox Division Head Phil Spencer talked bit about the company’s future plans and Project Scorpio, mentioning that he is not yet sure whether the console will be showcased before E3, but he’s aware that fans want to see it. He also explained that Microsoft’ first party development teams are tuning the engines for the new console, and defined the progress across studios, platform team and hardware team “great.”

Last edited:
I just want a console that doesn't sound like a jet engine. Crosses fingers.

unsure? actually MS decided to cancel Scorpio and decided to turn PC into Xbox itself. :p

No-show at E3 isn't surprising. I always suspected Scorpio was vapor anyway, at least at the initial press release. I'll be shocked if they launch anything before 2018.

When the PS4 Pro took Microsoft by surprise, it cost them nothing to issue a "me too" press release to claim they also had a new console, and had been working on it all along. It was the correct PR/propaganda move: Fence sitters would "wait and see", Xbox Kids had their cheeks stroked to mitigate jumping ship, and most importantly it bought Microsoft time to figure out what to *actually* do about a counter to the PS4 Pro.

They can't make Scorpio until AMD ships the GPU. Console and discreet should be about the same time frame.

No-show at E3 isn't surprising. I always suspected Scorpio was vapor anyway, at least at the initial press release. I'll be shocked if they launch anything before 2018.

When the PS4 Pro took Microsoft by surprise, it cost them nothing to issue a "me too" press release to claim they also had a new console, and had been working on it all along. It was the correct PR/propaganda move: Fence sitters would "wait and see", Xbox Kids had their cheeks stroked to mitigate jumping ship, and most importantly it bought Microsoft time to figure out what to *actually* do about a counter to the PS4 Pro.

Really dude? Is this all you do all day, find a way to make Microsoft look bad? And when the new console does release at the end of this year, are you going to come on here and say you were wrong? Didn't think so but, carry on, carry.

I think Macrofirm is just trolling. It would be a binehead move to not show off something, even if it's just a smoke and mirrors pre-rendered demo like everyone else does.

Back