Xbox 720.

Apparently, a 6670 for the gpu. Yeah, dunno if I trust those recent rumors or not...

I have no intention of paying full price for a digital copy of a game, nor do I intend to spend hours downloading every single game I purchase. Very few games are worth $50-$60, so these companies need to undergo head/ass extraction before this stunt will work with me.
Also, I'm so tired of seeing "Xbox 720", as it makes NO sense...

I have no intention of paying full price for a digital copy of a game, nor do I intend to spend hours downloading every single game I purchase. Very few games are worth $50-$60, so these companies need to undergo head/ass extraction before this stunt will work with me.
Also, I'm so tired of seeing "Xbox 720", as it makes NO sense...

360x2=720

what would you rather call it? xbox next? nextbox? because all of those were already used before the xbox 360 came out. Until we know what the official name or code name is, then 720 is the most logical name.

The 360 received its name due to providing an all-encompassing 360* entertainment experience for users, hence the circle. Throwing a 720 behind it provides no connotation other than a 720p experience, which obviously would not be a touted feature at this stage in gaming as it is outdated.
Thus, 720 is a stupid name.

The 360 received its name due to providing an all-encompassing 360* entertainment experience for users, hence the circle. Throwing a 720 behind it provides no connotation other than a 720p experience, which obviously would not be a touted feature at this stage in gaming as it is outdated.
Thus, 720 is a stupid name.

or people see 720 as double 360? :confused:
it makes sense to me. It's not an official name, but i know exactly what people are talking about when they say xbox 720.

what kind of features will the next xbox have?

-The ability to pay a subscription for the right to play multiplayer games
-More advertisements for Facebook, ESPN, and other shit that gamers don't care about
-The ability to play with a bunch of 11 year old kids
-It won't play used games.
-New 800x600 graphics locked at 14 FPS!

-The ability to pay a subscription for the right to play multiplayer games
-More advertisements for Facebook, ESPN, and other shit that gamers don't care about
-The ability to play with a bunch of 11 year old kids
-It won't play used games.
-New 800x600 graphics locked at 14 FPS!

You wish! keep dreaming

it makes sense to me. It's not an official name, but i know exactly what people are talking about when they say xbox 720.

I think you're giving the general population too much credit in thinking they can multiply 360 x 2...

haha....I don't know why the 720 name gets under my skin, but it does. I guess I'll learn to deal with it :cool:

Whatever the next numbered Call of Duty. And it will still use an upgraded Quake 3 engine.:mad:

If these rumors are true, then that means the console should launch sometime this year which I do not see happening (Have the consoles' sales started to go down?)

IIRC, this generation consoles used current generation graphics cards when they launched. IE: The 360 uses I think something similar to the X1850, which was one of the top cards in 2005 when the console launched. (Except the Wii, which is basically an overclocked Gamecube)

So unless they plan on launching the system this year, then I highly doubt they'll use the 6000 series.

i just love how no official announcements have been made and people are already pissed.

i just love how no official announcements have been made and people are already pissed.

Do you work for MS or something? Two threads you're jumping in and defending against people who aren't even attacking the nonexistent console :p

no i just think its funny seeing people get worked up and saying all this shit about how MS is doomed to fail based on rumors that come out every week

no i just think its funny seeing people get worked up and saying all this shit about how MS is doomed to fail based on rumors that come out every week

Its funny seeing people like you getting worked up over a discussion as well :p I'm not seeing the Xbox 720 hate you speak of myself, all I see is discussion.

quite the troll aren't you. the OP asked what's going on, and you respond with 'we'll see.' i post along similar lines and you're replying with 'stop getting worked up'

not bad

Blu-Ray ..backwards compatable .. and free Xbox Live Gold features would be nice. Could be ad-supported or something .. having to pay for Gold to then be able to get other features that you also have to pay for is kind of ridiculous I feel.

Going with a Steam like setup for games would be fine with me as well .. but places like Gamestop wouldn't last very long with their current structuring

Xbox 720 means they spin you around twice. So they can pick your pocket a 2nd time as you go around.

quite the troll aren't you. the OP asked what's going on, and you respond with 'we'll see.' i post along similar lines and you're replying with 'stop getting worked up'

not bad

Being accused of trollin by someone who posts the same comment of "why do people hate MS/Xbox" in 2 threads within half an hour of each other, mmk. :rolleyes:

You made a cynical comment about other people being pissed, thinking MS is greedy, stupid and the console will suck and how people think it is doomed in 2 separate threads where the only thing going on is discussion of rumours, and the rumours so far are relatively negative in and of themselves.

My comment was facetious, as the question was worded in a kind of silly way, as if anyone knows what the features will be. The OP may have been asking about rumours and what not, but that's not what the actual question asked, infact if you google "xbox 720 specs" the first link is a nice article from mid last week that sums up all the current rumours. So yeah, it wasn't a terribly serious comment, just a facetious one ;) If someone commented on my post the same way I did yours, my response would have been "I was just joshing".

What ev's, I'm done with this tangent, you've successfully troll baited me into wasting my time :p

It'll use capacitors, resistors and other electric sounding things that end in -ors.

It will have Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty 2k14/15/16 w/e (they really should just start giving them years).

Because when you see it, you turn 720° and walk away
duh

hopefully it will have a purple ring ..or rainbow ring of death ...

Back