Xbox 720 next year...your hardware predictions?

Hang on a sec.....don't consoles run at approx this spec

Low-med settings
none-low AA
640p-720p resolution..

Now bump it up to ULTRA, 4-8XAA, and 1080p and no wonder a PC can be under pressure.

Let's be real, the difference between graphics of consoles and PCs is negliable at best, aside from a few games. Take a game like gears of war. The rec system req. are a dual core intel core duo or athlon x2 (both of which are more powerful than the xbox/ps3) 2GB of ram not including 512MB of vram (even taking 1GB for the OS, you're still at double or more memory requirements) and an x1900, a whole generation above what's in consoles.

I'd say on average, for the same resolution and relatively same graphical settings, a PC needs 30-40% more hardware. So while not a whole lot, most of us are used to running 2,3, even 4 year old PCs and running most games pretty fine. My point was that it will hit reality real quick when that doesn't happen anymore and we all have to upgrade to high end machines again. I foresee a lot of complaining a la crysis style when new consoles are released, ie "this in unoptimized" when in reality it's just that their machine sucks.

I'm curious what Microsoft and Sony will do to manage cooling on their new consoles, considering they did a piss-poor job on their launch systems.

i'd much rather sit on my couch with the 55" with this than hunch over a keyboard at a desk in the corner of a room somewhere anyday

You can hook a computer up to your hdtv and tons of games support the 360 controller on the pc. I'm sure you've seen others post that before since its been like that for years.

Let's be real, the difference between graphics of consoles and PCs is negliable at best, aside from a few games. Take a game like gears of war. The rec system req. are a dual core intel core duo or athlon x2 (both of which are more powerful than the xbox/ps3) 2GB of ram not including 512MB of vram (even taking 1GB for the OS, you're still at double or more memory requirements) and an x1900, a whole generation above what's in consoles.

I'd say on average, for the same resolution and relatively same graphical settings, a PC needs 30-40% more hardware. So while not a whole lot, most of us are used to running 2,3, even 4 year old PCs and running most games pretty fine. My point was that it will hit reality real quick when that doesn't happen anymore and we all have to upgrade to high end machines again. I foresee a lot of complaining a la crysis style when new consoles are released, ie "this in unoptimized" when in reality it's just that their machine sucks.

The GPU there is roughly the same "gen" as the Xbox 360 and PS3 graphics card. Nowhere near next gen.

I know that someone from ATI said we could expect "Avatar quality graphics"...now

Did he work in the mail room?

And now because im sure you dont know what your talking about, its time for me to leave.

Stay classy [H]

Doubt it will be much better, remember the masses are happy with the Wii and COD which is sub-hd and has only received minor visual improvements since COD2's launch in 2005.

No reason for them to give us powerful hardware when they could keep their costs low and keep the masses happy with slightly better hardware.

If it comes out next year (very unlikely) expect a quad core, GTX 570ish graphics, and a couple gigabytes of ram.

Let's be real, the difference between graphics of consoles and PCs is negliable at best, aside from a few games.

I think that only applies if the PC version is a dodgy port, however, consider that Crysis2, BF3, Skyrim, Shift2, F1 2011 etc, etc, ALL look better on PC, in fact I saw Shift2 on PS3 and it looked terrible, horribly faint, as this is one of the best looking games of the year on PC, unfortunately also one of the worst for gameplay.

PC's are under pressure from some games as the games allow for a significant increase in graphical fidelity.....that's just the simple truth of the matter, not sure why you seem to be disputing it?

As for the complaints about HW upgrades, what else is new, lol.

I never go overboard on my PC's{but would if game developers went overboard on their games}, so I only expect 2 or so yrs from my PC box, which amounts to $10-$15 a week for a grunty PC, what a huge burden on the wealthy western consumer!!!!!

Did he work in the mail room?

And now because im sure you dont know what your talking about, its time for me to leave.

Stay classy [H]

Huh? You're as dense as a dying star...

How does something that a AMD/ATI spokesperson have to say reflect on what I know?

I think my recommendations could be close too what real life specs COULD be...PLUS! GET THIS! ITS ALL SPECULATION!!!

Oh btw, good job contributing something useful!

Stay useless [Winwolf]

Doubt it will be much better, remember the masses are happy with the Wii and COD which is sub-hd and has only received minor visual improvements since COD2's launch in 2005.

No reason for them to give us powerful hardware when they could keep their costs low and keep the masses happy with slightly better hardware.

I agree with this.

Rather than focus on technical improvements on graphics and physics that most casual gamers may not appreciate, I think they'll probably go for other fancy gimmicks like kinect and 3D

I don't think they are going to go that far in specs this time especially when the Wii had such good success with low end hardware. They will upgrade it but won't really take it that far as they did with the 360. They want to make some kind of profit sooner most likely than it did with the 360.

You can hook a computer up to your hdtv and tons of games support the 360 controller on the pc. I'm sure you've seen others post that before since its been like that for years.

Really??People still make this argument??..:rolleyes:

yeah but then i have the maintenance and cost associated with it, and a big honkin' desktop in my living room. Say I have only 20 minutes to play, it takes longer to get the pc on and launch the game, and oh, what's this?, i need to download this patch now? wait where's my keyboard and mouse, oh yeah, inconveniently sitting in the living room, unless i spend a ton on a small wireless set that will stow away...ok, got my kb and m, lets go get this patch, navigate to website, find patch, start download......shit, time to go, my 20 minutes is up......

i know bro, i know, i have done it, been there done that, it will never be as fast or convenient as plopping on the couch with my 360 controller and hitting the button, off we go, no fuss, no worries, no stigma that comes from others when instead of a 360 you have a "computer hooked to your tv in your living room", no maintenance, no compatibility, no "does blah blah driver not work with game A and C........

it just works, it's the fastest, it's the simplest and it's the least geeky

in my old age, these are all good things and I can tell you on the 55" the graphics are more than ok in the one game i play, Forza 4, I never have played shooters on a console with controller, kb and m is far better, so i just gave up playing FPS games.

I own both console and PC -- and probably do 80% of my gaming on PC. All this being said anyone who is a die hard console fan either and refuses to acknowledge the technical and visual superiority of PCs either:

1) never actually seen or played on a high end PC running multiple high end GPUs
2) has neither the money or technical knowledge to build/maintain such a system
3) is too lazy to invest the time and energy to figure out such systems.

Cost wise, console gaming is like going and renting a go-kart at the puttputt places, while a PC is doing a fully suited track day at Texas World Speedway in a GT3. No matter what you always get what you pay for.

You can play the "well i just want to play a quick and dirty game of Gears" - if that's the case you aren't a real gamer, you are just a guy who's bored and easily amused and has the attention span of a goldfish. Keyword in my entire argument if "quick" - with today's instant gratification society most people refuse to spend more than 5 minutes trying to figure out a problem. And this is one of the many root causes of failure spreading across our country.

only thing's i'd bet on for the next iteration of the Xbox?

Blu-Ray
28nm production

things id like to see
4GB of memory (if this thing comes out in 2012 and has to last 5 to 8 years) anything less seems silly, just imagine having something using 4GB of memory in 2019, hah hilarious.
a GPU on par with perhaps a 6950 in todays terms. By the time this thing rolls out AMD can produce these chips on 28nm for dirt cheap since they would be a tried and tested previous generation.

Back to my earlier rant, i'll give consoles a + in two areas. Racing games and the social "gather and play" social aspect of it. Drunken video game nights ftw!

I own both console and PC -- and probably do 80% of my gaming on PC. All this being said anyone who is a die hard console fan either and refuses to acknowledge the technical and visual superiority of PCs either:

1) never actually seen or played on a high end PC running multiple high end GPUs
2) has neither the money or technical knowledge to build/maintain such a system
3) is too lazy to invest the time and energy to figure out such systems.

Cost wise, console gaming is like going and renting a go-kart at the puttputt places, while a PC is doing a fully suited track day at Texas World Speedway in a GT3. No matter what you always get what you pay for.

You can play the "well i just want to play a quick and dirty game of Gears" - if that's the case you aren't a real gamer, you are just a guy who's bored and easily amused and has the attention span of a goldfish. Keyword in my entire argument if "quick" - with today's instant gratification society most people refuse to spend more than 5 minutes trying to figure out a problem. And this is one of the many root causes of failure spreading across our country.

only thing's i'd bet on for the next iteration of the Xbox?

Blu-Ray
28nm production

things id like to see
4GB of memory (if this thing comes out in 2012 and has to last 5 to 8 years) anything less seems silly, just imagine having something using 4GB of memory in 2019, hah hilarious.
a GPU on par with perhaps a 6950 in todays terms. By the time this thing rolls out AMD can produce these chips on 28nm for dirt cheap since they would be a tried and tested previous generation.

Back to my earlier rant, i'll give consoles a + in two areas. Racing games and the social "gather and play" social aspect of it. Drunken video game nights ftw!

thank you for making my points, the 360 gives me everything i want and none of the things you mentioned above that I don't want. As stated in my previous post, I fully acknowledge that you can get better graphics on a computer setup. As also mentioned there are many reasons to not go there including but not limited to cost, time, and social awkwardness. I have to share this living room with a wife and two daughters none of whom give two shits about graphics and they are definitely not into having a big noisy ugly computer in the living room. To make it not be big, ugly and noisy you have to spend a bunch of cash, something else I do not have, cash to throw into a computer to play video games. I have a full time job and responsibilities and also go to school in the evenings.......when I get the rare chance to game a console works perfectly for my needs. It has absolutely nothing to do with what's "better". Nobody cares what you think about what they like. Some people have priorities that do not include setting up elaborate expensive computer systems to their TV to play a damn video game. You have to be ok with that and not make snarky comments about them because at the end of the day what you think about them makes two shits difference.

Really??People still make this argument??..:rolleyes:

It's not even an argument. It's garbage. It's a lazy sluff off at best.

Like I can't jack my PC into my HDTV and use a controller just as easily, LOL.

i know bro, i know, i have done it, been there done that, it will never be as fast or convenient as plopping on the couch with my 360 controller and hitting the button, off we go, no fuss, no worries, no stigma that comes from others when instead of a 360 you have a "computer hooked to your tv in your living room", no maintenance, no compatibility, no "does blah blah driver not work with game A and C........

it just works, it's the fastest, it's the simplest and it's the least geeky

Bullshit!!..Console games sometimes get patches before PC games do..Everytime I pop in a new console game there is a new update found that needs to be installed.A 360 takes longer to boot than most modern PCs do so that BS also_Oh and whats more,a lot more games are having required or at least suggested installs which really show the outdated hardware in your console..Slow ROM Drives,5400 RPM HDD etc.

Stigma from others??..Sheep much?..Your arguments are pretty weak in this regard.

Originally Posted by Q-BZ
It's not even an argument. It's garbage. It's a lazy sluff off at best.

This.

Bullshit!!..Console games sometimes get patches before PC games do..Everytime I pop in a new console game there is a new update found that needs to be installed.A 360 takes longer to boot than most modern PCs do so that BS also_Oh and whats more,a lot more games are having required or at least suggested installs which really show the outdated hardware in your console..Slow ROM Drives,5400 RPM HDD etc.

Stigma from others??..Sheep much?..Your arguments are pretty weak in this regard.

This.

You seem to be getting pretty mad over someones opinion.

The GPU there is roughly the same "gen" as the Xbox 360 and PS3 graphics card. Nowhere near next gen.

Yea the XENOS(R400?) was made at the same time the X1800/X1900 (R420?), the biggest difference is the R400 has useless EDRAM that seemed very interesting but ultimately useless unless you are using some ultra low resolution and the R420 is clocked higher(with much better memory obiviously).

Remember EPIC's Unreal engine tech demo from a few months back?
What ever specs can run that at 720p/30fps will be in the X3 :)

You seem to be getting pretty mad over someones opinion.

You seem to be giving an opinion on someone getting pretty mad.Umm..this is a forum where people discuss difference in opinions.No more,no less.

This.

I guess I have to break this down for you. Lets focus on one bullet point at a time. Price. I already own a xbox360, and I am quite happy with it. When do I expect the check in the mail from you to pay for the $500-$1000 PC setup that will be worthy of connecting to my 55" HDTV? You see, I am perfectly happy with what I have. But you seem so personally offended by the fact I have my own opinion, and seem to feel that I should be doing it different. So to make you happy with my life, show me the money so I can get up to your egghead standard.

You see, not everybody wants to sink a shit ton of time and cash into doing something they can already do. The benefits are not worth the investment for most people. Even if I had the cash, I don't have the time or desire to setup another PC to the TV in order to do what? Play some FPS game? Not interested. Its that simple. The level of detail I get is directly proportionate to my effort and budget to implement. I am very happy with my results. Sorry if this causes you personal distress.

Last edited:
thank you for making my points, the 360 gives me everything i want and none of the things you mentioned above that I don't want. As stated in my previous post, I fully acknowledge that you can get better graphics on a computer setup. As also mentioned there are many reasons to not go there including but not limited to cost, time, and social awkwardness. I have to share this living room with a wife and two daughters none of whom give two shits about graphics and they are definitely not into having a big noisy ugly computer in the living room. To make it not be big, ugly and noisy you have to spend a bunch of cash, something else I do not have, cash to throw into a computer to play video games. I have a full time job and responsibilities and also go to school in the evenings.......when I get the rare chance to game a console works perfectly for my needs. It has absolutely nothing to do with what's "better". Nobody cares what you think about what they like. Some people have priorities that do not include setting up elaborate expensive computer systems to their TV to play a damn video game. You have to be ok with that and not make snarky comments about them because at the end of the day what you think about them makes two shits difference.

When I first started reading your post I was kinda happy because I thought "here is a guy who fully recognizes what a console does and what its designed for"

As I kept reading - your post kind degenerated into babbling and falsehoods. "Big ugly loud computer"?? I'm going to assume since you've been here you know that it does NOT take "loads of money" to make a computer quiet. You make it sound like getting a media center case and extra low speed fan costs an extra 500 dollars which it does not.

I too have a full time job and MANY responsibilities, I maybe get 3 or 4 hours a week of gaming in a WEEK, and when I'm gaming I want the best. Towards the end of your post it sounds as if you hate video games all together, and your logic of "Nobody cares" is in stark contrast to the general frantic-ness of your post.

If what you say is true and that nobody gave "two shits' about graphics, we would still all be enjoying the hell out of an 8 bit Nintendo. For the record - snarky comments are an integral part of the internet, and quite fun! At the end of the day the argument goes no-where, it's exactly like a person who buys a honda and pimps it out with fat exhaust, rims, and in intake and then expects to garner the same respect that the owner of a GT3 RS commands in terms of quality and or experience. For the record every person I've ever let play BF3 on my rig has made the comment of how hard it will be to go back to the console version -- once you've had caviar it's hard to go back to fish sticks.

Back on topic though -- I personally hope to see the next xbox have an integrated snow-cone machine. mmm tasty treats.

I hope it has at least the horsepower of a PC with

i7 920
560 GTX
4GB of GDR5 system memory
500GB hard drive

This kind of horsepower would make it a powerhouse console able to render every game at 1080p (which I am hoping this is mandated).

I guess I have to break this down for you. Lets focus on one bullet point at a time. Price. I already own a xbox360, and I am quite happy with it. When do I expect the check in the mail from you to pay for the $500-$1000 PC setup that will be worthy of connecting to my 55" HDTV? You see, I am perfectly happy with what I have. But you seem so personally offended by the fact I have my own opinion, and seem to feel that I should be doing it different. So to make you happy with my life, show me the money so I can get up to your egghead standard.

You see, not everybody wants to sink a shit ton of time and cash into doing something they can already do. The benefits are not worth the investment for most people. Even if I had the cash, I don't have the time or desire to setup another PC to the TV in order to do what? Play some FPS game? Not interested. Its that simple. The level of detail I get is directly proportionate to my effort and budget to implement. I am very happy with my results. Sorry if this causes you personal distress.

Simply pointed out the flaws in your arguments.Consoles are no longer "Plug and Play"as you suggest..I really couldnt care less as to what you do in your home,again,just pointed out your flawed logic,or what I see from you"looking for a check"your shortcomings.

If you choose to read..

http://www.gamefront.com/consoles-have-just-become-shtty-pcs/

I like sitting back on a couch with my consoles hooked up to my big HDTV … except I can always hook a gaming rig into my HDTV and play it like a console.

So I guess that guy should be sending you a check also??..:rolleyes:

I hope it has at least the horsepower of a PC with

i7 920
560 GTX
4GB of GDR5 system memory
500GB hard drive

This kind of horsepower would make it a powerhouse console able to render every game at 1080p (which I am hoping this is mandated).

It really should to be able to be even close to keeping up with the PC market. PC's have just gone miles ahead on consoles in every aspect.

Simply pointed out the flaws in your arguments.Consoles are no longer "Plug and Play"as you suggest..I really couldnt care less as to what you do in your home,again,just pointed out your flawed logic,or what I see from you"looking for a check"your shortcomings.

If you choose to read..

http://www.gamefront.com/consoles-have-just-become-shtty-pcs/

So I guess that guy should be sending you a check also??..:rolleyes:

Actually they are plug n play, once in a while there is a title update or dashboard update, it automatically downloads which takes a minute tops and relaunches the game. I never have to fuss with operating system and driver compatibility or bugs. Look here in these forums, thread after thread about some driver bug or another specific to a game. I don't have to deal with any of that, I turn it on and its ready to go. Many times pc updates can be this painless but many times it is a bit more involving. You find out the latest game patch you installed now causes performance issues with your particular video card or driver.....so you have to take the time to figure that out, here or through other channels. So you find out you need to also roll your video card driver back in order to resolve it. So you spend time uninstalling, cleaning, reinstalling a video card driver, then have to go test your game again.....ad nauseum....

So now lets say you are out with some friends and you all decide to go to your place and hammer on some FIFA 2012 (insert game of choice here). You boot up the system and find an update, you install it and then find out it borked the games performance. Done, it's over, your friends aren't going to be interested in watching you tinker with your cobbled up "gaming computer thingy". They will make fun and laugh and make remarks about how they don't have this problem with a PS3 or Xbox 360, which is true. You will go on and on about your superior graphics while you go try to troubleshoot this annoying bug. Meanwhile your friends have decided to go to another guys house where he has a console which has four wireless controllers and in less than two minutes of being turned on drops all four guys into a game of Halo Co-Op multiplayer......

I have no problem giving up some detail in exchange for this level of convenience. A classy home theater case and quality fans and aftermarket heatsinks will set you back a few hundred bucks, especially when I want it as quiet and as compact as the 360slim is. You can make all the arguments you want but doing what you propose goes far beyond a $200 console purchase which you simply jack in and use. I am perfectly aware that if I was willing to spend loads more money and time I could manage to pull it together. I have MAYBE an hour of game time a week. Why would I spend all that extra time and money putting all that together, having to deal with all that bullshit?

Setting up, maintaining and using a pc like a console is more expensive, more time consuming, less convenient, and simply less socially acceptable. My last vehicle purchase cost less than many people's gaming computers to put things in perspective.

Last edited:
Actually they are plug n play, once in a while there is a title update or dashboard update, it automatically downloads which takes a minute tops and relaunches the game. I never have to fuss with operating system and driver compatibility or bugs. Look here in these forums, thread after thread about some driver bug or another specific to a game. I don't have to deal with any of that, I turn it on and its ready to go. I have no problem giving up some detail in exchange for this level of convenience. A classy home theater case and quality fans and aftermarket heatsinks will set you back a few hundred bucks, especially when I want it as quiet and as compact as the 360slim is. You can make all the arguments you want but doing what you propose goes far beyond a $200 console purchase which you simply Jack in and use. I am perfectly aware that if I was willing to spend loads more money and time I could manage to pull it together

For someone who hates dealing with drivers, video cards, tweaking, tuning, and puts such a huge bonus on "convenience"... logically you shouldn't even be on the [H] . We are a group of people who ENJOY spending the time tweaking and tuning, and getting the very best out of our [H]ardware - if you demand cheapness and ease of use you should probably go over to the EA console forum or someplace more accepting of your budget/skill set/willingness to get down and dirty with the hardware.

I don't know you or your level of skill/experience/intelligence so I can't make any assumptions, we can only draw conclusions on what's been said. If you want to subscribe to laying on the couch "push a button get a game" way, that's cool, it's just not [H]ard.

For someone who hates dealing with drivers, video cards, tweaking, tuning, and puts such a huge bonus on "convenience"... logically you shouldn't even be on the [H] . We are a group of people who ENJOY spending the time tweaking and tuning, and getting the very best out of our [H]ardware - if you demand cheapness and ease of use you should probably go over to the EA console forum or someplace more accepting of your budget/skill set/willingness to get down and dirty with the hardware.

I don't know you or your level of skill/experience/intelligence so I can't make any assumptions, we can only draw conclusions on what's been said. If you want to subscribe to laying on the couch "push a button get a game" way, that's cool, it's just not [H]ard.

When I joined i was into things like that, I had a pc on my tv at one time, i have had the water cooled pc and voltmodded video cards.....I've been doing it all for years. This is a discussion about the hardware in the future consoles. Back when I joined I was in the same frame of mind as most of you here in this thread, that pc gaming was far superior. I had never even owned a console......fast forward 6+ years later, I now have two kids, and more responsibilities. I ended up trying out a Xbox360 right after launch and realized that the new consoles CAN provide an acceptable level of quality with none of the annoying issues that come with a computer setup. I weighed them out and decided to grow up and move past spending so much time and money on the extreme geeky side of things and decided it was time to go with the most convenience. So now all I need is my couch, my HDTV and my controller.

I think most of you here will be severely disappointed in the next console specs. They simply do not need to go extreme with specs because what we have today is still damn impressive to most people.

I think most of you here will be severely disappointed in the next console specs. They simply do not need to go extreme with specs because what we have today is still damn impressive to most people.

They don't need to go the extremes with consoles. It would be nice if they did, but something along the lines of

- FX-4100 caliber quad core CPU ~ $120
- 4GB system RAM ~ $25
- Radeon HD 6850 caliber GPU ~ $125
- 1TB HDD ~ $50
- Other (PSU, cooling, case, etc) ~ $100

A year from now, all of this will cheaper. If they're aiming for something that costs $400 and is break-even at the beginning, we should see a very noticeable improvement, considering what developers are able to do with hardware from over 5 years ago. In no way am I expecting them to cram an i7-2600 and GTX580 into a console within the next year.

They don't need to go the extremes with consoles. It would be nice if they did, but something along the lines of

- 4GB system RAM ~ $25
- 1TB HDD ~ $50

A year from now, all of this will cheaper. If they're aiming for something that costs $400 and is break-even at the beginning, we should see a very noticeable improvement, considering what developers are able to do with hardware from over 5 years ago. In no way am I expecting them to cram an i7-2600 and GTX580 into a console within the next year.

exactly what I am thinking
AMD right now needs a big win, and they are already taking a beating in retail, i would expect the next Xbox 360 to be AMD CPU/APU/GPU derived

exactly what I am thinking
AMD right now needs a big win, and they are already taking a beating in retail, i would expect the next Xbox 360 to be AMD CPU/APU/GPU derived

I would be very surprised if they moved away from PowerPC and went back to x86. That would involve scrapping all of the code that has gone into the 360 and that would probably be massively expensive even just for Microsoft if you think of all the non-game stuff in the dashboard. They would also lose the ability to play 360 games on the new console.

I would be very surprised if they moved away from PowerPC and went back to x86. That would involve scrapping all of the code that has gone into the 360 and that would probably be massively expensive even just for Microsoft if you think of all the non-game stuff in the dashboard. They would also lose the ability to play 360 games on the new console.

yeah you're right, it would make more sense to stick with the same architecture

When I joined i was into things like that, I had a pc on my tv at one time, i have had the water cooled pc and voltmodded video cards.....I've been doing it all for years. This is a discussion about the hardware in the future consoles. Back when I joined I was in the same frame of mind as most of you here in this thread, that pc gaming was far superior. I had never even owned a console......fast forward 6+ years later, I now have two kids, and more responsibilities. I ended up trying out a Xbox360 right after launch and realized that the new consoles CAN provide an acceptable level of quality with none of the annoying issues that come with a computer setup. I weighed them out and decided to grow up and move past spending so much time and money on the extreme geeky side of things and decided it was time to go with the most convenience. So now all I need is my couch, my HDTV and my controller.

Holy Sh!t - you just described me to a T. Very much looked down on consoles, but now realize how good they are for what they are. I used to buy a $400+ video card without much internal debate. But for me to spend the $300 for a whole console system... man I argued with myself for about 3 years and then one day I just bought one. 2 and a half years later, I now own 2 and I couldn't be happier. I use them as extenders when not gaming. I will be first in line for next set of consoles, regardless of "specs" (assuming speed / capabilities are around 2-3 times as fast).

- 4GB system RAM ~ $25
- 1TB HDD ~ $50

This is very reasonable for a console, if it was built starting this year (won't be most likely).

I think they will likely spend a bit more and keep the TDP down, most of the problems that happend with the PS3/Xbox360 was heating. MS might even go for something a bit more custom.

I kind of want them to just go with a current SB honestly. Maybe by that time they will be so cheap the price will be negligible.

Huh? You're as dense as a dying star...

How does something that a AMD/ATI spokesperson have to say reflect on what I know?

I think my recommendations could be close too what real life specs COULD be...PLUS! GET THIS! ITS ALL SPECULATION!!!

Oh btw, good job contributing something useful!

Stay useless [Winwolf]

Thanks joe, btw i hurd the ps4 and xbawks gona be all 3d. Probably gona have one of them gtx8000's too at least thats what some guy i met on a bus told me, but I figured it was probably relevant to this discussion.

Back to my earlier rant, i'll give consoles a + in two areas. Racing games!

U drunk now boy!!!!!!!!
The best racing game are on the PC, as the PC has the best wheel support, and the PC games have the best MP, FFB, steering wheel precision.
The only advantage the consoles have is the car lists in GT5 and FM4, but billions of cars is like having billions of guns in a shooter, at some point you stick to a handful and be done with it.

These are the great/good racing games on PC.....

Simbins's GTR2/RACE07/GTR EVO/RACEON/RACE INJECTIONS etc
Iracing+rfactor
Game Stock car
Ferrari FVA....the forcefeedback champ
Netka pro
Dirt2 and D3 with epic PC GFX.
F1 2011 with epic PC gfx

GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!, anyone console racing gaming MUST BE PUNISHED OR DESTROYED!!!!!!!!!!!

Back