xbox 360

arcr

n00b
i want to buy a console, what do you guys think is the xbox 360 better than the ps3?

how long until microsoft release the next xbox? and how is it going to be called?

Buy what your friends have most of.

If you don't have friends, 360. it's easier to make friends.

Dunno, and meh.

We don't know when the new generation of consoles are coming.

During black friday you can get a Xbox360 Slim 4GB arcade and a $50 gift card at target for $200 + tax. That's not a bad price. Think of the $50 GC as a free game.

Live trumps PSN any day of the week, even though you do have to pay for it. And generally any games that are on both systems will usually end up having somewhat crisper textures, or have better lighting effects, etc. on the XBox 360. There are exceptions, though rare. It's also much easier to make friends on Live than on PSN.

On the flip side of the coin PS3 exclusives from the past couple years have mopping the floor with the XBox 360 visually, however. And even though the online services aren't quite as good on Sony's end, you don't have to pay jack to play multi.

In the end, get the console that has the most games you want to play, and/or the system that the majority of your friends own.

I'd say buy one. I've had quite a bit of fun with mine over the past few months. It will be at least another 2-3 years before new consoles arrive, so enjoy.

Yup - pretty much what everyone else has said. As a gaming machine, I think the 360 is a little better, but the PS3 has a Blu-Ray & free online play...which pretty much makes 'em even overall.
Just buy whichever one you have the most friends with. The differences between the multi-platform games are pretty tiny.

I think the PS3 is a better system. Cross platform games are virtually the same now days since most studios are using the PS3 as the lead platform. The exclusives on PS3 are much better and if the xplatform are the same, I think the decision is easy. I don't use online much so I can't comment on that much. Last time I was in Madden, there were 5,000 ish games going on PS3. That's plenty of people to play against, even if there are more on live.

I do like that you can do full installs on 360 and just leave disc in. If/when I ever buy one I would use this feature.

I think the PS3 is a better system. Cross platform games are virtually the same now days since most studios are using the PS3 as the lead platform. The exclusives on PS3 are much better and if the xplatform are the same, I think the decision is easy. I don't use online much so I can't comment on that much. Last time I was in Madden, there were 5,000 ish games going on PS3. That's plenty of people to play against, even if there are more on live.

I do like that you can do full installs on 360 and just leave disc in. If/when I ever buy one I would use this feature.

There is no "better" console. While the PS3 does have superior disc capacity and CPU horsepower (thanks to BluRay and Cell's SPEs) the XBox 360 has arguably the better online service, superior GPU power and a more flexible memory architecture (read: unified). Each has their pros and cons and there is no right or wrong answer, in the end if you are happy with your system of choice that's great. Go play some games!

And check out eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry and lensoftruth.com. They offer direct comparisons between console versions. Sometimes there are larger differences between multiplatform tiltles than you would think. Still, some games are better on PS3, others on XBox 360. More often than not the 360 versions of multiplatform games come out ahead even if by an inch.

And as for game installs, I love the feature. It shuts up my XBox 360's (sometimes more than others) noisy DVD drive.

Last edited:
hope this doesn't turn out to be a ps3 vs xbox debate.

get an xbox and then justify yourself to buy a ps3 because you "need a bluray player". done.

The console that is better for you will likely consist of 2 things.

1. Games
2. Where your friends are.

Everything else usually is very minor.

i like that i am going to get the one that have games i like more thanks.

I'd have to say get the PS3 if only for its incredible exclusives.

I'd have to say get the PS3 if only for its incredible exclusives.

I agree with this. I have both, and I haven't even touched my 360 in over a year. PS3 has amazing games and the exclusives are better in my opinion. PS3 to me is better... great exclusives, free online play, blu-ray, and also, a great media streamer (when used with PS3 Media Server (free software)).

Back