• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xbox 360 with Computer Speakers Question

Crushproof

n00b
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
7
Hey gang,

My 360 should be arriving in the next week or so, and I plan on hooking it up to a 2405FPW monitor.

I'd like to run the sound through my computer speakers, which is a Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 system. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions as to how I could go about that, and if it would be possible to still get surround sound.

Thanks!
 
I asked myself that same question.....I have the same setup. The 360 has two output plugs or an optical output. Unfortunately the Klipsch amplifier needs three leads; sub/center,front and rear. Unless you could split one of those two leads to a pair and thus have three to put into the amp on the klipsch, Im not sure how it will work. Ill bet Mister X would know exactly what to do....you might PM him.....then let me know.

I also have a Yamaha receiver for my home theater. It has digital optical input so I will be able to use that if I need to.
 
youre best bet in this case is to have a soundcard that supports optical in. That way you can retain the 5.1 surround and have the highest quality signal. If you dont already have one that supports optical in Im sure you could budget it in somewhere. Possibly one of the new creative X-fi with either the breakout box or the front panel.
 
Im getting a Creative DDTS-100.

That has optical in and 5.1 (up to 7.1) out.

Ill be using it with my Xbox 360, Powermac G5 and PC - it has 3 Optical in!

I found it for £85GBP.
 
I ended up ordering one of these adapters from Logitech:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2236,CONTENTID=10036

Unfortunately (unless I am mistaken) this still won't let me hear the audio in true 5.1 Dolby Digital.

For that, I would need something like the Creative DDTS-100, as revs mentioned. I can't seem to find one of those for a reasonable price here in America. There's one on eBay going for close to $200, but I don't know if it would really be worth it for that price.
 
I paid £85.

So there must be one in the US for $150 or less
 
revs said:
I paid £85.

So there must be one in the US for $150 or less
Just had a quick look at US stores - seems to be out of stock everywhere...
 
Back
Top