Xbox 360, which version did you buy and why?

Xbox 360, which version did you buy and why?

• Elite

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • Premium

Votes: 81 74.3%
  • Core

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
Had to see this one coming. I figured some of the cores would be people who were just stuck or strapped for cash, and sure enough 3 votes and you express that same feeling. And as far as an Elite? What's that? :p Kidding, I would pick it now, but that's a tough sell already having a 360. The way people talk sometimes I don't dare sell my 360 to buy another when i haven't had a lick of trouble ever with mine either. Why tempt fate?

Went with the premium version. It had way more than the core version plus I got it for $300 when Microcenter had that $100 rebate at the end of last year.

I got a premy back i dec but two weeks ago I got the rrod (but it still works), so I'll prob get the new elite when mine finally dies.

went with the core. Got a good discount on one, and bought the 20g hd from a buddy.

I bought an Elite. I had a 360 core and sold it. Got the Elite for the HDMI output, it was black and had the bigger hard drive. Wish it would have had the new mother board and smaller processor, but I am happy with my purchase. Just wish they would come out with a black HD DVD add on player.:D

Premium. I got it with a rebate at the time but I would still get a premium to this day. The new Premiums also come with HDMI (it's listed on the side of the box with the package contents), which was one of the big features the Elite had over the others. I would only get the Elite if you plan on using the upcoming iptv service to store a lot of shows.

Premium.. it was launch, and I wanted the HDD, component cables, wireless controller, the works. It was the best bang for your buck purchase.

I love my 360.

bought my premium last december, mostly for rainbow six vegas, but ended up addicted to PGR3 and nor forza2 :p

i might have gone for an elite if they were avilable, the extra diskspace looks interesting, but practically i get by easily with the 20 gb drive

i did read somewhere about a core package with a memory card and wireless controller, but i dont know if that was really about an upgrade to the core formula or just a shop offered bundle, but that sounded pretty OK too

Bought the Premium from Microcenter last year because of their $100 mail-in-rebate that brought the cost down to $299+tax.

Premium, used, with a bunch of games for a decent price. HDMI is overrated. So is svga. Have it hooked up to my 56" 1080p DLP tv, and I can't tell a difference between svga & component.

I bought the Elite as its my first time owning an Xbox and so it was not all that much more money anyway. I make use of the HDMI connection to a 1080p display and I like the black color but if I had already owned an Xbox360 I would not have upgraded. It provides little to existing owners imo.

Back