xbox 360 webcam issues. need help

I have an xbox 360 webcam,

Windows with service pack 3. all the latest updates

I plug in the camera, xp detects it, installs "something" and then.. nothing.
I search drivers and there is nothing there under webcam cameras etc. the driver shows up under usb devices.

Under the control panel - cameras and printers, nothing there.

WTF?... Every time i google search, all I can find is "plug it in and it works" well NO it doesnt.

Its usb 2.0, any thoughts? maybe my xp is missing the webcam software even with the drivers?

tried to force this through as another thing and have tried a few different drivers. no idea.

only fixes online for this i have found. is format and reinstall windows..

I didn't know there was a Xbox 360 webcam lol... =\

Maybe it's better supported on Vista?

na wit says xp and up. and from what i understand vista users have a harder time with it

Everyone who installs this on xp, simply plugs it in, and it works. dunno why mine wont :(

Do you have an antivirus or anything like that which may have been mistaking the webcam as some sort of a virus? I really have no idea... Maybe the webcam itself is defective? Do you have other PCs to test it on?

it i shut down avg and spybot. uninstalled the driver then plugged the device back in. it ran through the quick driver find. dropped the device under the "universal serial devices" and i cant seem to find it with any software. sigh.

i'll have to try and find another pc i guess.

Back