Xbox 360 VGA + Viewsonic VX2025wm = Problems?

kidstechno

Gawd
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
580
I just bought a Viewsonic VX2025wm and it looks gorgeous, WoW, F.E.A.R, HL2 all look amazing in widescreen and stuff like that so I went out and bought a VGA Cable for my Xbox 360 to hook it up to. First played BF2:MC and it looked gorgeous when I chose the 1280x1024 widescreen option from the 360 menu however, now I can't even get it to look better than on my 27inch non-HD TV. My video card is a Radeon X800XT PE AGP and I was using the Catalyst 6.4s, switched to Omegas cause I was having problems, switched back, and it seems like the picture of my 360 games just look like 800x600 or something, even though the monitor registers at 1280x1024. I tried different display options in the 360 Console (1280x720, 1280x768, 1024x768) but they all look the same. The graphics don't look crisp, there's obviously some rough edges and lines in the games, not smooth at all, text looks rough.

Anyone know of a solution perhaps?
 
Back
Top