Xbox 360 Top Console Again

The worst part about it IMO is the soldiers that like to deploy with their consoles. There was a bunch of guys that I deployed with that took their 360 with them. So MS is essentially screwing the troops over by requiring this online check and keeping them from gaming while defending our Country, lol. I would love to see this PR nightmare come true! :D

So can you take this as far as declaring MS as deploying psychological warfare on US troops and therefore are terrorists conspiring against the United States Flag? Can you imagine a trooper bringing over his XB1 where they do have limited internet access but the account is banned because he is in a region outside of his home? Soldiers be raging.

The thing that bugs me with the online thing. It's REQUIRED. Yes, I am online anyway. But, what happens when things go down for a few days? Can't pay my internet bill? I own a $500 paper weight. There was a rumor that you could still play with the physical disc in the drive with no internet requirement. If that's true, then I'll be fine with that part.

But, for me, it's not bashing the Xbox One. It's comparing the two competitors (and contrasting). The PS4 is superior in many ways. The Xbox One is a damn fine system, but the things that people are complaining about aren't because they are drinking 'Hateraide'. It's because the competition does those things better.

The 360 is on top again, but only for non-portables. 3DS scored highest in May for everything (and is awesome!). I love my 360, as I loved my original Xbox. I didn't like my original Playstation (it killed my beloved Sega Saturn!) or the PS2 (never really liked it at all). PS3 that I recently got is great, I love it. But, I like the 360 better as a gaming machine.

With the Xbox One, I will have to wait on judgement. The way Microsoft is trying to sell this thing (as the FUTURE!) is too much. Too much PR and talking around the restrictions (trying to put them in a positive light, which is giving me a bad vibe), rather than the gaming and technical merits of the system. They are putting all the focus on how the DRM/Internet requirement stuff is so great and how it's the future, and ignoring everything else (or giving it a lot less attention). Make the system so awesome that those things become just a minor annoyance, not the main focus of the console.

Xbox One will sell well, but it won't be great unless they relax their stranglehold. Just like with a lot of complaints with Windows 8 - the consumer is wrong. You are using it wrong. That's the arrogance that has been turning me away from Microsoft the past couple years. Push the industry, but don't push the consumers away.

It's still not a bad console. It could use a really good Outlook-style app though so you could schedule your agenda and answer a few e-mails efficiently on it, but it's otherwise not really bad.

The new one...I dunno what they're thinking with doing the online requirements though.

yeah its called a fucking pc!

Back