Xbox 360 to LCD

ShiningHolden

Limp Gawd
Hello.
I want to hook up my Xbox 360 to my Samsung SyncMaster 712n.

The Samsung SyncMaster uses VGA as input.

The Xbox 360 uses Red, Green, and Blue for video input, and White and Yellow for sound.

I do not know the correct terms for the red, green, and blue. If someone could fill me in on that, I would appreciate it. :)

I want to use my headset as speakers, and my LCD as display.

So, I would need a Red, Green, Blue to VGA (or DVI) adapter.
And, I would need a Yellow and White adapter to 3.5mm.

If anyone could help me with the terms, or a link to something like this, I would highly appreciate it!

Anything, I appreciate it!
Thank you. :)

The red, blue, and green cables serve up your high definition video by delivering a red, blue, and green signal. This of course is then mixed appropriately and displayed. The cables are called component because of the three components. Just make sure you are using DVI because if not, you won't be getting the HD resolution.

The yellow, white and red cables are Composite. A simple Google search should pull up more information while a search through Radioshack, Bestbuy, or any other electronic store should yield prices.

The cables are called component because of the three components. Just make sure you are using DVI because if not, you won't be getting the HD resolution.

"HD resolution" is simply anything that is at least 720p (usually 1280x720) and can be displayed with component or VGA, both of which are also capable of 1080p too. DVI is not required for "HD."

Also, analog (VGA/component) to DVI connectors are insanely expensive. I'd recommend that you get a VGA cable for your Xbox. I had one made by ASID, and it was only $40 CAD.

Go to eb games, toysrus, best buy, etc and buy an xbox 360 vga cable. Real MS one is like 40 bucks and has the adapter to use headphone out for sound(for pc speakers).

Back