XBox 360 setup to HDTV question

is your tv 720p or 1080i? because the vga wont display 1080i, but im pretty sure it will display 720p, i would go with vga if your tv is 720p or go with component if its 1080i

try both! I'd go with whats bigger. HOPEFULLY your tv is bigger then your monitor.

of course 1080i is gonna look better though.

qbert3 said:
of course 1080i is gonna look better though.

1080i isn't always going to look better. To some people 720p looks better because it is progressive scan, but not everyone can tell the difference. And if you arn't using a computer monitor, I've heard that component is better than vga.

My TV is a 720p but supports 1080i. It's the Sony KDF-E50A10 LCD Projection. It also has HDMI but the 360 doesn't support that yet. Since it's native resolution is 720p does that mean the VGA will look better?

i personally would go with the component because if you got the premium your console comes with the cables, why waste money on something that wont be that much different in picture.

munkle said:
i personally would go with the component because if you got the premium your console comes with the cables, why waste money on something that wont be that much different in picture.

i'll second that.

The reason for the question is that we will be using it on 2 TV's and I didn't want to have to move the cords back and forth. Kind of aggravating. Moving the power cord is no problem but I would prefer not moving the component.
Now which would you choose? :)

if it is on 2 t.v's why would you unhook the video cables when transfering it to the other TV?

Are they both the same connection?

Cause you could just leave the video cable plugged in and only have to move the power brick and cord.

beachnut said:
The reason for the question is that we will be using it on 2 TV's and I didn't want to have to move the cords back and forth. Kind of aggravating. Moving the power cord is no problem but I would prefer not moving the component.
Now which would you choose? :)

Component will look better, Xbox 360's VGA output is known to be alittle washed out / faded. I noticed it myself and then started seeing people complain about it on forums etc.

I would call xbox.com and they will assist you in hookup, the call is toll free.

I've been doing some research on the VGA cable for the 360. It appears that 90% of people have to make major adjustments to their monitor/TV to avoid a washed out picture when using the VGA cable. I'd save your $40 and the headache and just use the component connections if you can.

Back