Xbox 360 poll

Do you have Xbox 360

• Total voters
ocool what games? I have Dead rising, Call of duty 2, Splinter cell double agent, Madden 06, Nba 06, Far cry and Couple others

Nope, don't have one, and don't want one. Though on the 360's defense, I was at Wal-Mart last night and was playing the EA Games NCAA Football '07 on it and though that it looked awesome! Especially compared to my NCAA '05 on my PS2. I almost considered getting one, but I just cannot get over how badly (IMHO) designed the controllers are, I cannot do anything on them, thats why ill wait for the PS3 (good thing they did not change the controller that much).

spotdog14 said:
Nope, don't have one, and don't want one. Though on the 360's defense, I was at Wal-Mart last night and was playing the EA Games NCAA Football '07 on it and though that it looked awesome! Especially compared to my NCAA '05 on my PS2. I almost considered getting one, but I just cannot get over how badly (IMHO) designed the controllers are, I cannot do anything on them, thats why ill wait for the PS3 (good thing they did not change the controller that much).

I think the 360 controller is the best ever made way better than the dualshock2

My PC provides all the games I have time for.

Though, I'd still like one.

yeah the 360 rock. Dont play at walmart they dont have a HD signal it looks like crap there. Juts buy one off ebay thats your best bet. I give it a BUY OR DIE. But PS 3 are sweet and all but 900 DOLLARS OMG.

900 Dollars?!?!?! OMFG No its more like $5000000 dollars to get one!

lol...where are you coming up with 900$ from? I mean if your trying to be sarcastic then at least be more sarcastic then that! Make it more fun!

I also don't get the poll....

Q: Do you have an Xbox 360?

Option: I have no idee and didnt give it much thought

ohhhh....Well make sure you are in the same year when you start talking about stuff and their prices. Thanks! :)

rcf1987 said:
I think the 360 controller is the best ever made way better than the dualshock2

I'm a big supporter of the 360's controller, BUT it's only better than the PS controllers if you never touch the d-pad. The 360's d-pad might as well not even be on the controller considering how bad it is. The PS's left analog is at least functional.

Domingo said:
I'm a big supporter of the 360's controller, BUT it's only better than the PS controllers if you never touch the d-pad. The 360's d-pad might as well not even be on the controller considering how bad it is. The PS's left analog is at least functional.

QFT!

I purchased my 360 about 6 months ago and absolutely love it! The controller is great, but my only gripes are about the d-pad, it just feels wrong when you try to use it. But the left analog stick is still great and I really have no need for the d-pad.

As far as quality, I'm very satisfied the only thing bugging me is that error on start up (flashing red lights) that I've gotten about 3 times, but all I do is turn it off and then turn it back on and voila! it works again with no problem. Maybe I should have contacted MS when that happened but I'm usually to lazy to wait on hold unless it's really urgent. As far as the games and gameplay, it has totally exceeded my expectations and can't wait to see whats in store for the future. I currently have Fight Night rd 3, NCAA '07, G.R.A.W., Table Tennis, Test Drive Unltd (easily one of my faves ever), Saints Row, Moto GP, Prey, and Halo 2 from regular xbox but it still rocks :D .

The only thing I can't really judge is the HDTV because I don't own one yet :( but that will be changing this christmas :D. At first I also did not like the fact that you had to pay for Xbox live, but after the free month that was included with my package it totally convinced me that it was well worth the 50 bucks for 13 months (a little less than 4 bucks a month). All of the extra features that are within xbox live and linking windows media center to it also is a big plus on my end.

Psychotext said:
How about "I have the money but I'm waiting"? :p

I'm in this boat. Hoping to get a 360 if there is a nice price drop or bundle option once the Wii and PS3 come out. Also looking into gettting the Wii.

I put money into keeping my pc running well cos there are more ace games than I have time for!
No need for a 360 :)
I use an xbox controller on the PC though, some things cant be let go of.

Bowhuntr11 said:
900 Dollars?!?!?! OMFG No its more like $5000000 dollars to get one!

lol...where are you coming up with 900$ from? I mean if your trying to be sarcastic then at least be more sarcastic then that! Make it more fun!

I also don't get the poll....

Q: Do you have an Xbox 360?

Option: I have no idee and didnt give it much thought

Perhaps the poll is discretely trying to find which of us have no memory :D

I don't like the Xbox 360 because most of the fun from using it comes from Xbox Live and you
have to pay for Xbox Live on a monthly basis. I hate monthly fees. The only things I pay for on
a monthly basis are cable, rent and electricity.

If I could just pay like $200.00 for a lifetime Xbox Live subscription I would be happy and I
might consider it.

mentok1982 said:
I don't like the Xbox 360 because most of the fun from using it comes from Xbox Live and you have to pay for Xbox Live on a monthly basis. I hate monthly fees. The only things I pay for on a monthly basis are cable, rent and electricity.

If I could just pay like $200.00 for a lifetime Xbox Live subscription I would be happy and I
might consider it.

Well it's not a monthly fee, considering you pay it annually :p :) There's still plenty of fun to be had without having to play online multiplayer. Plus the free Silver Account still gets you access to downloadable demos, trailers, etc. But I digress...

I don't have a 360 yet, though I do intend to get one, once I can afford to.

mentok1982 said:
I don't like the Xbox 360 because most of the fun from using it comes from Xbox Live and you
have to pay for Xbox Live on a monthly basis. I hate monthly fees. The only things I pay for on

might consider it.

It costs $30 for a 12 month subscription (Tons on ebay), so your $200 gets you about 7 years of Live. I'm guessing by then it will be free, especially if online gaming for the PS3 and Wii are free.

mentok1982 said:

might consider it.

Dude, think of it like this.

Go to Gamestop/EB and buy a 12+1 extra month Gold Subscription card to Xbox live for $50. Take $50 and divide it by 13. That rounds out to $3.84 a MONTH to play every single game you want on Xbox Live, as MUCH as LITTLE as you want, WHEN you want, download all the demo's you WANT, get acess to new game videos before they hit the net, game downloads ect...ect...

Seriously, is $4 a month asking that much? If so, you need to reprioritze your finances as you've got bigger problems.

I've been a pretty hardcore PC gamer the last few years since I built my first pc. I played/bought Gamecube/PS2/XBOX randomly through those years, but for the most part, I stuck with my PC.

Recently however, the whole concept of continual upgrading my PC has gotten old. I've gotten older and may possibly be getting married and moving out of state in the near future, so the idea of spending $500 on a graphics card isn't as appealing as it used to be.

Not to mention, im starting to feel less and less feedback from the PC gaming world, I just not longer get the value out of my money I once did, of my hardware nor the games I buy the most part. I was just getting bored and tired of it. I needed a change.

I picked up a 360 in July and honesty, my PC has been reduced to occasional games of FEAR, demo downloading, work email, website and bittorrent usage. I won't get tired of playing genres that are best played on PC, but I'd rather be downstairs lying on my couch shouting orders to my squad in Chromehounds on my 50" LCD surround sound system while drinking a beer.

Xbox360 is neat. I wasn't planning on getting one but my roommate did. After playing a few games I think that if I knew how much fun some of these games would be, I would have wanted to buy one.

That said, it's only a few games that I'm actually enjoying here. Not alot of games for the xbox360 that interests me right now(and I already have an up-to-date PC). However, it looks like there's quite a few games on the horizon for the xbox360 that would substantially increase the number of games in the xbox360 library that I'd want to have.

I'm still buying a Wii because of the different kinds of games that could be developed for it, but that doesn't mean I want to play all games with the Wiimote. Some kinds of games are just better suited to a traditional controller(I think Marvel Ultimate Alliance will reflect this difference between the platforms). I still want to keep playing such games so when mid-november comes around, me and my roommate will be Wii60 owners.

Back