XBOX 360 Noob (?) About HDD

My other half bought a 360 Kinect for the kids as a bonus xmas gift. Unfortunately, it was the 4 gig version so now I'm looking at a bigger hdd. Is there anything I need to look for other than being 360 compatible and whether it's "fat" or "slim". I see Amazon has 320 gigs for around $45.

I don't play any console games so I'm completely in the dark :(

Dunno if you found out about either, (pretty sure you did), but you can mod a WD blue drive to work, or buy a phat console HD, open it and toss it into the slim..

Dunno if you found out about either, (pretty sure you did), but you can mod a WD blue drive to work, or buy a phat console HD, open it and toss it into the slim..

You can buy a 250gb slim drive used for as cheap as buying a reg new 250gb drive your choices are 250 or 320 that's it modding isn't worth the hassle just buy a used drive your local Gamestop should have them in store just call them as they aren't always listed on the web site.

Yeah,Amazon has 320s for $47 but I'm seeing that there are some knock offs. Does it really matter as long as it works?

You can always use a 32gb flash drive as well.

You will still want a hard drive for game installs not all games can be installed to a flash drive, installs will save the life of your drive and keep the system very quiet. But you can use several flash drives I use them for dlc And arcade games for when I play on one of the other systems in the house or elsewhere.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/storage

Can I just plug in any external Hard Drive vis USB?

Yes up to 32 GB since it will act like a flash drive if you want mass storage for installing games you have to buy there internal drive just the way it works. Take your pick 250gb or 320gb for a drive to install all your games to.

I could just buy the 250GB external drive too, right? I would imagine the Xbox doesn't care if it's external or internal.

I could just buy the 250GB external drive too, right? I would imagine the Xbox doesn't care if it's external or internal.

No. Their drives have a special security sector, and it needs to be plugged into the internal port. Sure you can use some external drives be it flash or hard disk, BUT they don't have the same exact function that the internal has. This is not new news yes people buy there own drives then have to hack then to work like the ms drives but still are limited to either 250 or 320 GB. It is just as easy to buy either used as its the same price now.

Back