• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

XBOX 360 NAT Problems

tgray96

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
1,055
Ok i have put the 360 in dmz and forwarded the following ports: 87-89 UDP
3073-3075 UDP and TCP and UPnP is enabled, still strict NAT, any ideas?
 
I just fixed this. Add 3074, 53, and 88 to Port Triggering. Disable UPnP. Restart router and XBOX (I had to do this for it to work).

I have a Linksys E2000 and I also disabled Internet Filtering under the Security tab.
 
Many DSL companies have settings in their modems that affect your NAT. Century Link and their Zyxel(?) 660 modem is famous for this. There are a couple of settings you can change in the modem setup to make it a dumb modem and remove any restrictions - try googling your modem name if you have DSL.
 
That's the modem not the ISP. Big difference.

Definitely agreed - I was just giving a suggestion to the OP that he may check if he has changed all of his router settings.

I'll let Dreaz answer your questions about his statement.
 
ok ok..... i just ended up forgetting it as we just played in a part the whole weekend, but yeah it is a centurylink 660..........( this was at a friends), i had one here, and i was replacing it once a week.....finally upgraded to a 7500 westell (modem/router/wifi/switch) havent had a single problem
 
OK modem is in bridge mode, UPnP is enabled, And XBOX has been put into DMZ via its MAC Address, Still a Moderate NAT, any Ideas?
 
I forgot to mention, that i am at a friends, but they have the same isp i do and i have an open NAT.
 
Oh, i didnt use The UPnP Port Forwarding, as i have no idea how, this is on a linksys wrt-160N
 
Back
Top