Xbox 360 :: Nat problems

jbog91

Limp Gawd
Here's the problem I've been having. It's only affected me severely recently try to join others in halo 3. All other games it doesn't bother me. My xbox says that my nat is moderate. But I can't get it open. I have disabled the firewall in my Linksys WRT54g and disabled UPnP (I saw it on the MS website) but it stilled says it's moderate. I can't port forward because my xbox is connected through my laptop, there for it has an ip of 192.168.0.100 while the rest of my network is 192.168.1.???. How can I fix this? I've got to be missing something obvious.

EDIT: I have also disabled the windows firewall on the laptop. The only things security related on it is AVG Anti-Virus and AVG Anti-Spyware.

I dont know how secure this is, but you can set your laptop to a static ip address, and on your router, open the ports for that ip address. The problem is im not sure how this will coorelate to your 360.

This link may help you but it only refers to the 360 itself. I have this setup to my 360 using a static ip address ( i think my 360 is 192.168.1.109 so it never conflicts with my other PC connecting wirelessly), and opening those ports, i have no problems. Even though i havent touched halo 3 in a few months.

Ok, This happened to me so I will see if it applies to you.

How is your modem connected to the linksys router? Does your router get a public IP address, or an IP address from the modems DHCP?

You can go into the linksys router and see what IP it is getting from the modem, if it is something 192.168.X.X or 10.10.X.X or another private address system, you probably have a double NAT going on which will make your xbox moderate.

The only way to fix it is to bridge your modem to your router (a lot of modems have a "bridged" mode that you can use).

Ok, This happened to me so I will see if it applies to you.

How is your modem connected to the linksys router? Does your router get a public IP address, or an IP address from the modems DHCP?

You can go into the linksys router and see what IP it is getting from the modem, if it is something 192.168.X.X or 10.10.X.X or another private address system, you probably have a double NAT going on which will make your xbox moderate.

The only way to fix it is to bridge your modem to your router (a lot of modems have a "bridged" mode that you can use).
No, it's getting my public ip address. I guess I'll just have to come off some money and get me some network cable and a switch. (my router's ports are full)

Thanks anyway yall.

Back