• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

xbox 360 intercooler question

Craig56

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
195
I just want to know the size of the fans in the intercooler. Either are they 30mm or 40mm fans? because i would buy 3 LED fans and replace the ones in there with the LED ones because i want it lit up.
 
Not sure, but from what I've heard I'd steer clear of the intercooler, looks like it breaks quite a few 360's...
 
yeah my old one kept turning off my xbox in the middle of the game and gave me red rings. but i got a new intercooler its completely fine. i have both the intercooler and the fan stand, so my 360 is ice cold
 
They are three 50mm fans.

There's a blatant myth running around that because the fans run off the internal power supply that the 360 will be damaged from not having enough power. The only real problem with the intercooler is that it's loud. . . really loud.
 
They are three 50mm fans.

There's a blatant myth running around that because the fans run off the internal power supply that the 360 will be damaged from not having enough power. The only real problem with the intercooler is that it's loud. . . really loud.

Actual reports and confirmed ruined xbox's aren't "myths". We go through this every time the intercooler comes up on this forum, but the bottom line is that the intercooler won't be a garaunteed destroyer of your system....but there are significantly increased odds that it will. If you want to take the chance, more power to you. Voiding your warranty with a shoddy, risky product is your perogative.
 
Not sure, but from what I've heard I'd steer clear of the intercooler, looks like it breaks quite a few 360's...

I just bought a 360 and want some sort of cooling device for it... What do you suggest?
 
A large well vented area...

The system doesn't need extra cooling...but when people close it up in entertainment centers and the heat can't escape of course it's going to overheat...

If you simply must have an after market cooling solution though...I dunno. Pelican stand I guess...
 
There's no place to put my 360 in other than an entertainment center.

I do make sure that the glass isn't covering the unit, though. I always keep it open and make sure that the top (by the HDD) has enough room to ventilate a little.
 
you dont need an intercooler unless you're running your xbox at over 6psi.
 
actually the intercooler does not pull too much power, its just the crapp contacts can arch and melt the plastic around the power plug and then short connections out (ruining your Xbox in the process).

I remember when this first came up over on Xbox-Scene and then people started checking theres and tons and tons reported and had pics of how their intercoolers had melted to their 360s.

I go with the just use it in a well ventilated area. I have mine in my entertainment center but have 2 Silenx 120mm fans venting out the back of the entertainment center right behind the Xbox and I always keep the front doors open.
 
I would suggest staying clear of the Nyko Intercooler. I went to take mine off my 360 last night and had to break it off. Yes, I said BREAK it off. As a cooler it works great however the power connection that plugs into the 360 will get hot over time and melt the surrounding pieces of plastic enough that they fuse together.

If I didn't do a case replacement last night, I probably would have never found this out. If you want to get one, get the Pelican stand
 
I would suggest staying clear of the Nyko Intercooler. I went to take mine off my 360 last night and had to break it off. Yes, I said BREAK it off. As a cooler it works great however the power connection that plugs into the 360 will get hot over time and melt the surrounding pieces of plastic enough that they fuse together.

If I didn't do a case replacement last night, I probably would have never found this out. If you want to get one, get the Pelican stand

Yup. I've read about that one, a lot.
 
I think im just going to keep it on there, because im not gonna take it off for a while. And if it comes to that point ill just have to pop it off or break it off. I use the intercooler and the fan stand together and it feels like air conditioning is comming out.
 
Back
Top