• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xbox 360 guide button on pc?

stevyd10

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
65
hi,
I have an xbox 360 controller connected to my pc and the guide button doesn't exist. The games controller pannel doesn't show it as a button. I was wondering if there are some drivers that would allow me to use this button as i would like to use a program like xpadder so i can use it as my talk key on teamspeak.

Thanks
 
The default drivers/software that come with the 360 controller do suck, so I've started using drivers from http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/index.html which allows me to remap buttons on my controller plus more. (rumble, deadzone adjustments)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunately, these drivers aren't compatible with the wireless version of the 360 controller :(.
 
thanks for the info i will go try them out. Good job i have a wired controller!!
 
i couldn't get those drivers to work on my pc the controller still used the windows ones :( i even followed the guide on the site down to a T
 
i couldn't get those drivers to work on my pc the controller still used the windows ones :( i even followed the guide on the site down to a T

Yeah I forgot to mention that I had a little snag with installing the drivers. I decided to uninstall the MS crap that came with the controller but their driver kept on reinstalling and Windows would not let me install the XBCD driver. After a reboot + removing the cruft in the HID section in the Device Manager I finally got it to work (Windows has a bad habit of keeping unwanted drivers with certain drivers and IME HIDs like mice, controllers and keyboards are the worst suspects :mad:).


Azureth, the site supposedly has beta drivers for Vista64. I can't comment on how well they work, though (haven't used Vista since the RC1 days)
 
Yea, I actually was using Xpadder until I found out that Pinnacle Game Profiler can read the GUIDE button just like any other button. I asked the Xpadder dev about it, but he said it couldn't be done... but the Pinnacle team did it, so if you want to use that nice shiny extra button, then check it out. I was using it for teamspeak too, but it's useful for a lot of other things too.
 
Back
Top